SkyscraperCity banner

4701 - 4720 of 4762 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
fmd, and let me guess if I asked what your opinion was on preferred pronouns, you’d be pushing a whole different perspective on words... Your argument would be something like,

A: No, It is not ‘just a word’.
B: words has meaning, they are chosen because they resonate most with ones indentity.
C: you always should be respectful at the way some words can affect others
what is you on preferred pronouns mrErythroxylum

·
23,051 Posts
Haha you guys are the loons, that you come to these conclusions that are actually backwards and think it represents the reality. No wonder the left has lost the plot.
So, how big was the campaign to get Coon Cheese to change their name?

·
23,051 Posts
fmd, and let me guess if I asked what your opinion was on preferred pronouns, you’d be pushing a whole different perspective on the importance of particular words... Your argument would be something like,

A: No, It is not ‘just a word’.
B: words has meaning, they have power, they are chosen because they resonate most with ones identity.
C: you always should be respectful at the way some words can affect others

So what power does the word Coon have? Which definition of the word Coon has the most power?

·
23,051 Posts
Haha you guys are the loons, that you come to these conclusions that are actually backwards and think it represents the reality. No wonder the left has lost the plot.
So why can't they change their name if they want to?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Geez you’re particularly behind the times on this issue. Very unwoke of you. There are heaps of invented pronouns now for this.

I’ve just added mine to the list. I mean the left love to redefine words to control people. Its their m.o. ...Like ‘racism’ means pretty much anything to do with race now. So I’m just adding my words to what I would like to be addressed as. It’s what I identify as.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Geez you’re particularly behind the times on this issue. Very unwoke of you. There are heaps of invented pronouns now for this.

I’ve just added mine to the list. I mean the left love to redefine words to control people. Its their m.o. ...Like ‘racism’ means pretty much anything to do with race now. So I’m just adding my words to what I would like to be addressed as. It’s what I identify as.
You seem to know more about this sir. It isn't an issue I follow
What other made up pronouns are around?

·
23,051 Posts

Your attempt at humour isn't of assistance.
They aren't pronouns. The initial complaint was of people choosing pronouns. Your poor attempt at humour is to try and pick random words, claim they are pronouns, and then claim they are your pronouns.

Also, saying you want to choose a pronoun that doesn't relate to how you feel is actually joking about individuals lives and mental health which you are trivialising. I personally have never seen anything other than male, female and neutral pronouns. Is it really that hard?

·
Registered
546 Posts
So what power does the word Coon have? Which definition of the word Coon has the most power?
The point I was trying to make was bazza67 was so quick to remove the importance or significance of a brand name(for arguments sake we’ll use ‘coon cheese’), this person commented how ‘it is just a word’ and the relative ease to using a different word, and those who disagree should just get over it,

I was wondering if bazza67 would be as quick to dismiss the significance of someone’s pronouns as also being ‘just a word’, and not something important enough for anyone to listen to or use, and if there was people who disagreed then they should just get over it too.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
A Coles shopper got a nasty surprise when she arrived home from the supermarket and took a closer look at her groceries.

Something unexpected caught her eye on the edge of a cut of Australian rump steak packaged in a sealed plastic container.

The steak, which cost $10.22, appeared to have a peculiar dark green mass on its side.

The shopper brought the matter to the supermarket’s attention in a post to its Facebook page on Tuesday.

“Just wondering if you can tell me what this mass is in my rump steak?,” she wrote.

The customer said she purchased the meat, with an August 8 best before date, from Coles in Springvale, southeast of Melbourne, on Tuesday evening.

There were several comments on the Facebook post expressing disgust at the photo.

“That should have been picked up before vacuum sealing,” one person wrote

Another person quoted Arnold Schwarzenegger from his hit movie Kindergarten Cop, saying: “it’s not a tumour”.

A supermarket spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia the customer would be compensated for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Americans are now beyond officially batshit insane.

A cinema has banned 'Kindergarten Cop' as it apparently supports police brutality.

The comments on that article are universally derisive.

And understandably so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Estate agents are banned from saying 'master bedroom' because of allusions to sexism and slavery

"Peter Wetherell, executive chairman of Wetherell in Mayfair, said the term would be changed on all his listings.
He told The Times: ‘These changes are being driven by political correctness and dramatic transformations in the buyer demographic across prime central London.
‘The typical buyers are now aged from their early twenties to their mid-forties and from all over the world.
‘This young demographic tends to be very broad-minded and find any form of racism or sexism deeply offensive.’"

·
23,051 Posts
Can people please stop using the Daily Mail as a source to get outraged over?

What is your problem a private firm making decisions for their own company? Nothing has been banned!

4701 - 4720 of 4762 Posts