SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any such document for rights in Canada? I was photographing the filming of The Incredible Hulk last week, from outside the barricades set up on the middle of a street. They were doing their best to shield people from photographing with the use of umbrellas. I wondered after if I am allowed to post photos of this filming in a public space.. I am assuming I can. But would be nice to read a Canadian document.
+1 for this. I'm an "evil, up to no good teenager" so having a nice big ol' camera gets me unwanted attention. :eek:hno:

·
Huh?
332 Posts
I have been heckled countless times from police officers and random morons on the street who think Im not allowed to take photographs of their houses or whatever from the street or sidewalk. Just a couple months ago in Galveston, I was taking photos of art on a sidewalk and this freak redneck with his two little girls thought I was taking photos of his kids because I was a pervert or something and tried to knock my camera out of my hands. I calmly explained to the redneck that no, its perfectly fine for me to take photos of whatever I want on a sidewalk and I wasnt even taking pictures of his girls anyway. I had to walk away from him because he just started to flip out.

Then a few months before that I was taking photos of some high rise construction in Houston and this cop started to heckle me and threatened to give me a ticket because he thought I was taking photos of his unmarked cop car which was illegally parked, I didnt even know it was a cop car and he had me give him my drivers license and checked my background. In downtown until recently I was regularly stopped by cops because I have a big camera, but now that 9/11 was a pretty long time ago, the cops seem to not care too much anymore.

Ive had many people flip because I was taking pictures of their houses too from sidewalks and in Louisiana I had some cops tell me I couldnt take photos of this one historic house because it might be trademarked. I told them you cant trademark a house so you cant take photos of it. Then I told them I can take photos of whatever I want from a sidewalk. Cops dont even know the law. People just get so weirded out by cameras, I dont know why.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great thread. It is so interesting.

I want to know some other information about this site.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
On my travels, and because I am interested in Architecture I often take pics that some people give me unusual looks or someone may ask why I am taking such pics ? In the USA I took pics of the interior of the Washington Monument when most were taking pics out the windows. I took pics inside the Empire State Building when most took pics of the view. I remember back in 2000 I took many pics from the ob. deck and roof of the WTC and wish I had taken more inside...maybe that's why I take more interest now to the building I am in. I don't mean it in any bad kind of way but 9/11 affected me very badly.

and I figure, if you take a pic and post it on the www you really leave it open that everyone may do what they will ? I have seen a few of my pics in someone’s post on the opposite side of the Earth but why complain ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
People get pretty funny about photographers in public places, which is why I always hesitate to bring my camera places. Are they are tips that people use to calm people down when they are angry about you filming/taking pictures? It would be nice to have some way of preventing the drama.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are some right of photographer :
1. Anyone in a community place can take images of anything they want.like shopping center partk, pathways etc
2 If you have on personal property and are requested not to take images, you are required to respect that demand. This contains published sign.
3. Private events have very restricted privileges to detain you against your will, and can be topic to lawsuit if they frighten you.
==========
acrylic display

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes agents acting for entities such as owners of industrial plants and shopping malls may ask you to hand over your film. Absent a court order, private parties have no right to confiscate your film. Taking your film directly or indirectly by threatening to use force or call a law enforcement agency can constitute criminal offenses such as theft and coercion. It can likewise constitute a civil tort such as conversion. Law enforcement officers may have the authority to seize film when making an arrest but otherwise must obtain a court order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
presskits provide creative portfolio design services, short run overnight prints,
funny printing quotes about life, hot pockets folder, free editable templates.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts