SkyscraperCity banner

Rate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
Stephen Robinson said:
Too 60s. Curved glass bit is alright, but the top stuff is bad 1960's Polytecnic Maths block.
I agree with this. The bottom part is very nice but the top is bloody awful. 6/10

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
believe me. The Pod is a super structure with the best possible location. It is adjacent to Cheapside/Bottle Lane fashion districts and on Fletcher gate, a further rising area. If I had more distinct pictures I would have posted them.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
4/10 not a fan at all, the only good bit is the retained facade of the old building. The bottom bit is just a blank glass wall, and the top bit looks like Brutalism for the 00s, isn't the least bit Art Deco!? Nottingham can do a lot better
You're right, this isn't art deco in the slightest, but it is hardly brutalist.

Looks abit bauhaus to me.

It's nice, if a little un balanced. I think Perhaps the glass section everyone seems to like should've been smaller, more of a ground floor entrance feature.

·
Kolymaaa
3,587 Posts
absolutely hideous. doesnt fit in with its surroundings at all. look how badly it contrasts with the older, red brick building next to it. its got bits sticking out that look ridiculous.

0/10

in 10 years time when its dirty its another 60's monstricity. Havent they learnt their lesson yet? Im starting to understand now how they got planning permision to build things like broadmarsh and vic centre. Its as bad, if not worse than piccadilly hotel in manchester, but unlike piccadilly hotel, at least its not a prominent building in a prominent area like the market square.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You have a different taste for buildings but It's nothing like the Victoria Centre or anything ever built in Nottingham. It is better than most of the insanity around the city centre.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
This 'pod'.

You see a lady with a frilly skirt, check out the legs, the bum, slowly ascend to the chest, then, you reach the face, an its the worst f*ck up to mother nature youv'e ever seen.

Back of the ferry describes this building far to well :lol:

Auwfull...

3/10

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t know but Its to be a Landmark building so it needs a name.

Here is the Logo;

Even the cranes on the Pod development use the Pod Livery.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Every render I see looks different but it does look pretty shocking in that one ^^^. The design was chosen by a panel chaired by Ian Simpson. Im sceptical at the moment but I think it will be one of those buildings to which people have extreme reactions...they'll either love it or hate it. At the very least I guess it will generate interest. Given its location itll also be interesting to see who takes the retail space.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts