Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's play a game! :cheers:

* Following on from this post, contributors must post a fact about the city in the last post.
* They then end the post with the name of their chosen city to continue the game!
* Doesn't have to be your own place of residence if you don't want it to be
* Will also accept towns and cities

DUNDEE.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Leeds:- is twinned with Durban, South Africa.

Manchester!!

·
Hipster Scum
5,517 Posts
The Marquis of Waterford created the term "Paint the town Red" by literally painting Melton red in a drunken prank in 1837.

LIVERPOOL

·
Registered
11,970 Posts

·
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Belfast Odyssey Arena is home of the ELITE Ice Hockey League Champions - the Giants.

STIRLING.

·
*THEIYR'RE
7,327 Posts
Media City - Its Salford. You can't keep breaking up cities lol. It's like saying Birmingham isn't home to Cadbury's because it's in Bournville lol
But Coronation Street isn't actually in Media City (Salford) but a foos the canal in Trafford Park. I'm sure VDBs pedantry was front he same reason as mine though, making the game a little bit more difficult by not choosing the obvious 'Manchester' which is what I would normally call the city I live in ;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Stirling:- The origin of the name Stirling is uncertain, but folk etymology suggests that it originates in either a Scots or Gaelic term meaning the place of battle, struggle or strife.

York!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts