SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when are we going to see the Printworks installed with flashing LED Screens and lights, like in Leicester or Times Square? I would love that. Coca Cola ads streaming away around there, sophisticated HSBC adverts on there as well, all flashy lights everywhere etc. It's a busy junction, lots of people, lots of cars, lots of buses, great nightlife already, why hasn't it happened? Think how much the council could get out of it!

It's all tacky, I know, but to raise more money from advertising is something the council should really start looking into!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
There is already a 'big screen' (albeit a BBC one!) on the front of the Corn Exchange (or 'Triangle', if you prefer).

I rather like how the Printworks signage is now, it isn't too in yer face or OTT.

Of course the townies (Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Bolton types) that frequent the Printworks probably like the brashy signage. Makes 'em feel 'cosmopolitan'.

(Thinking about the 'big screen', wouldn't it be ideal to move to the blank concrete wall in Piccadilly Gardens, instead?)

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is already a 'big screen' (albeit a BBC one!) on the front of the Corn Exchange (or 'Triangle', if you prefer).

I rather like how the Printworks signage is now, it isn't too in yer face or OTT.

Of course the townies (Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Bolton types) that frequent the Printworks probably like the brashy signage. Makes 'em feel 'cosmopolitan'.

(Thinking about the 'big screen', wouldn't it be ideal to move to the blank concrete wall in Piccadilly Gardens, instead?)
Townies?

AKA 'Yonners':)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.