SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when are we going to see the Printworks installed with flashing LED Screens and lights, like in Leicester or Times Square? I would love that. Coca Cola ads streaming away around there, sophisticated HSBC adverts on there as well, all flashy lights everywhere etc. It's a busy junction, lots of people, lots of cars, lots of buses, great nightlife already, why hasn't it happened? Think how much the council could get out of it!

It's all tacky, I know, but to raise more money from advertising is something the council should really start looking into!

·
Far East London
7,512 Posts
I would much rather remove all the Leicester square crap and expose the attractive stone facade. Sometimes its nice to walk around with being sold to.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
There is already a 'big screen' (albeit a BBC one!) on the front of the Corn Exchange (or 'Triangle', if you prefer).

I rather like how the Printworks signage is now, it isn't too in yer face or OTT.

Of course the townies (Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Bolton types) that frequent the Printworks probably like the brashy signage. Makes 'em feel 'cosmopolitan'.

(Thinking about the 'big screen', wouldn't it be ideal to move to the blank concrete wall in Piccadilly Gardens, instead?)

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Noone would be able to see a screen that low, and unless it was projected you would have scrubs attacking it, rather than the occasional chucked bottle at the moment.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is already a 'big screen' (albeit a BBC one!) on the front of the Corn Exchange (or 'Triangle', if you prefer).

I rather like how the Printworks signage is now, it isn't too in yer face or OTT.

Of course the townies (Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Bolton types) that frequent the Printworks probably like the brashy signage. Makes 'em feel 'cosmopolitan'.

(Thinking about the 'big screen', wouldn't it be ideal to move to the blank concrete wall in Piccadilly Gardens, instead?)
Townies?

AKA 'Yonners':)

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would much rather remove all the Leicester square crap and expose the attractive stone facade. Sometimes its nice to walk around with being sold to.
This. Plus I'd like the big TV screen removed from Exchange Square. Is shopping and TV all we're good for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts