Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
De Smit and Rawbone
Thank you.

I’m a bit surprised that Lydon hasn’t retitled this as Greenpoint. That comment is slightly tongue in cheek but I remember one time questioning something categorised as Greenpoint because I thought it was De Waterkant and it was explained to me that the cutoff for Greenpoint was further east than I had thought. Out of interest, is this pretty close to the boundary?

- Julian

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you.

I’m a bit surprised that Lydon hasn’t retitled this as Greenpoint. That comment is slightly tongue in cheek but I remember one time questioning something categorised as Greenpoint because I thought it was De Waterkant and it was explained to me that the cutoff for Greenpoint was further east than I had thought. Out of interest, is this pretty close to the boundary?

- Julian
De Waterkant was pretty much a figment of Estate Agents' imagination up until recently when it did become a suburb (previously it was mostly part of 'City Centre') and the suburb demarcation now in place actually excludes most of Laoder Street and Bay View Terrace which is what most people would consider proper 'De Waterkant'.

In any event this development is technically in Green Point (site shown in red on map below)

You would have thought it would have been logical to use Boundary Road as the boundary between De Waterkant and Green Point....

De Waterkant by stubles, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.