SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signatura’s new stunner is perfectly packaged for high-income, hassle-free rental returns

Signatura is proud to announce our latest collaboration with Weylandts: 61 fully furnished De Waterkant apartments offering a compelling suite of lifestyle attractions – gym, restaurants, shops and a rooftop pool with mind-blowing views.

Airbnb-friendly features include air-con, work nook, lightning quick WiFi, smartphone-activated access and optional short-term rental management by Perch. Where better to enter the lucrative hospitality market than within a stroll of the tourist hotspots in De Waterkant, Bree Street and the V&A?

Official website

From what I can gather, the site is the yellow building on the left with the Paint Depot sign on it. It must be this block, considering it also houses 117 on Strand:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Please change thread to 'Bo-Kaap', its not in de Waterkant...

Signatura’s new stunner is perfectly packaged for high-income, hassle-free rental returns

Signatura is proud to announce our latest collaboration with Weylandts: 61 fully furnished De Waterkant apartments offering a compelling suite of lifestyle attractions – gym, restaurants, shops and a rooftop pool with mind-blowing views.

Airbnb-friendly features include air-con, work nook, lightning quick WiFi, smartphone-activated access and optional short-term rental management by Perch. Where better to enter the lucrative hospitality market than within a stroll of the tourist hotspots in De Waterkant, Bree Street and the V&A?

Official website

View attachment 3185040

From what I can gather, the site is the yellow building on the left with the Paint Depot sign on it. It must be this block, considering it also houses 117 on Strand:

View attachment 3185047

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know I am a cynic of the CBD, but do we need more investment units, fully furnished for Air BNB in a pretty saturated CBD market? Like are all the units being absorbed into real market need for the short term accommodation. Nothing against the project, just battling to understand who the users are in this specific catchment?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know I am a cynic of the CBD, but do we need more investment units, fully furnished for Air BNB in a pretty saturated CBD market? Like are all the units being absorbed into real market need for the short term accommodation. Nothing against the project, just battling to understand who the users are in this specific catchment?
But aren't furnished apartments becoming more common world wide? Like i wonder if they're catering for both situations? Because many locals will still have a desire to experience cbd/city living. I know most people in bigger cities hate city living (including myself) but i can see why many south africans would be keen to experience it esp since its something that theyve never got the chance to experience before (or a very long time since they last had experienced it).

So could it be that it caters for a long term resident, who perhaps leaves for holiday overseas of which it then becomes a short term rental. Or even either or?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts