SkyscraperCity banner

521 - 540 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's a site with planning there which currently has amazing blackberry bushes with gigantic fruits at the right time of year.
It is blackberry heaven! Woolwich has also huge blackberry bushes at Woolwich Common and the Plumstead end of Shrewsbury Park. I've been going there several times this Autumn.

·
Yanukovich nash boh
9,491 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
When I was a youngster the Galleons was in a bad state of dereliction, and it's great to see it restored. We'd spend quite a lot of time (illegally) wandering around the disused gas works close by, which was basically a ghost town and having been used in the file Full Metal Jacket, was plastered in fake palm trees and Vietnamese propaganda paintings. We never did have the nerve to enter the Galleons though; it's reputation as a place where real ghosts resided was known far and wide amongst the youth of east London.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good pics. I've seen it from afar but not up close. The DLR is the only real means of transport there isn't it? If so, TfL probably should speed up their order for more DLR stock to ensure a full 3-car network, as it joins many other developments by DLR stations (Royal Wharf, Chinese business park, Woolwich, Lewisham etc etc)

·
Registered
9,293 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
'Arc of Opportunity' list.

The ‘Arc of Opportunity’ sweeps from the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park down the River Lea to the Thames, then Eastwards throughout the Royal Docks to Gallions Reach and on into Barking.

1 Abbey Mills site (rejected 'mega mosque' site)
2 Tescos Bow site withdrawn
3 Stephenson Street site pre planning
4 Rathbone Market
5 Royal Gateway
Developers web site
6 London City Island
7 Trinity Buoy Wharf/Orchard Wharf
8 Hoola
Developers web site
9 The Pump House
10 Siemans Centre
11 West Silvertown/Deanston Wharf
12 Royal Wharf
second phase
13 London City Airport
14 Royal Albert Dock
15 Royal Albert Wharf
16 Gallions Quater
17 Silvertown Quays
18 Aloft
19 Hampton by Hilton
20 Holiday Inn Express
21 Barrier Park East/Waterside Park
Masterplan web site
Barrier Park Phase 5 web site
22 University of East London Sports Dock
23 Sunborn
24 Floating Village
25 Hallsville Quater

Living in Stratford & working in Homerton, I'm not as au-fait with developments elsewhere in Newham, please let me know of any mistakes and omissions and I will endeavour to amend the list.

521 - 540 of 647 Posts