SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I've only been once, and I can't remember it. Too many trees, you can't see the buildings.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Blabbernsmoke said:
Top of the Town... Lol! Stabbing ville. Could you please go to Runcorn tomorrow and take some pics? Cheers fella.
No thanks!

I'd rather risk Top of the Town, or the Derby! Boo-yahaka.

That said there's (was?)some increadable post war stuff there, eps. if you go by Bus, huge blocks of flats that seem to go on forever. Total nightmair of you try to walk around the place.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Stephen Robinson said:

/QUOTE]

I like the integrated flower pot, it looks sort of fortified, and the flowers sort of not real. Is there a cctv camera integrated on the top of that poll, and the flowers hide mace sprays that get triggered by fat and nasty cctv operators to blind any little fuckers who climb up to attack their camera?

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
You know I never noticed the flowers until I saw that picture.

In fact they've put up some nice (black!) street feature around that part of town, and some rather mature trees that the local ejiots have only managed to distroy one of, still early days.

Not many nite clubs that's made up of Terrest houses knocked together these days are there?

·
Registered
461 Posts
lovin the bridge pic that's lit up a bit. Actually got fond memories of that place as some rellies lived there, brookvale II, sanders hey close no less. Remember the 'city' well. Cheers Blabbs

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Hasn't Top of the Town been swept away in the attempted 'normalisation' of Widnes?

Actually if anyone can get down there for some pics, the square bordered by the library, church, town hall and Vue Bar is potentially as good as any outside of Hamiliton Square or the downtown.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Top of the Town?

In the orginal plans yes it was to go, but they changed their minds....

Sorry, Can't work out how to make my Camera go cinemascope

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too clever by half unfortunately Accy. I think it's expensive to maintain due to the lack of traffic on it (i.e. only buses), so public funds are hard to acquire. Same for the massive footpath network. They had considered a monorail system but besides being too expensive it wouldn't have linked well to Liverpool.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Has anyone tried to get around Runcorn.....a nightmare. It's the only place I know where you can enter a street/road/close and find the upper odd/even nos. at the beginning of the road...totally bonkers

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jets, you need to live there for a while and just know the place off by heart to know where you're going. I remember I used to always get stopped by passing motorists who couldn't work out how to reach their destination. It isn't based on a traditional grid pattern or streets and roads system. All expressways and winding avenues and closes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts