SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
:applause: Solves the gap problem we have had between the Walkie Talkie and the main cluster (Leadenhall, 42, Swiss Re, (Pinnacle) and Heron).:cheers:

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
^^True Saint Paul's will limit the design badly, maybe we will end up with another wedge shaped structure!:lol:

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
^^No unfortunately, I was in fact not on site, but just about tall enough to poke my camera over the hoardings! :D

Reactions: mulattokid

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Reactions: Medenine

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
From Christmas Eve:

52-54 Lime Street site entrance
by The Shard Baby 2006-2014, on Flickr

Demolition remnants

Unfortunately for me, they have recently put a hoarding up around the whole site, so I found it difficult to take any shots from over the top:

52-54 Lime Street - New site hoarding

Fortunately, I found a bollard beside the Willis Building to stand on instead!

52-54 Lime Street site

McGEE diggers

Main site

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
True, 30 Saint Mary's Axe is a spectacle within the City of London - unfortunate that this very keystone of the 21st century city cluster is being enveloped by these overshadowing high-rise skyscrapers...yet that's sort of how it all began with Saint Paul's and now we are seeing the very building which was the tallest building of the time, being replaced by the tallest building of the City of London of its time. It's simply a fanciful demonstration of constantly replacing the old with the new, it can have its beneficiaries for the stance for London as a world class developing city or does it detract from the classic architectural visual merit that London has retained for many centuries? Discuss?

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Rolled steel protective pedestrian walkway! :happy:

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
The hoarding should come down once the first stage (section) of the re-construction of St Helen's Plaza has been completed and once they have tested all the bolts on The Leadenhall Building.
The current blockade around The Leadenhall Building has enclosed the whole galleria area! Though it is just for public reassurance at the moment. After all, there is no danger at all - it's The Leadenhall Building!

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Latest sky-graph diagram :):

Sky graph - LBT + 22B + 1CS + 110B + LB + WWA1 + 8CS + 52LS + T42 + VT + 30SMA + 100B + 1BR + 20FS + GHT + 51LS + Lloyds + TNB
by The Shard Baby 2006-2015, on Flickr
Includes (from left to right) The Shard,22 Bishopsgate, 1 Canada Square, 110 Bishopsgate, The Leadenhall Building, Wood Wharf (A1 building), 8 Canada Square, 52-54 Lime Street, Tower 42, Vauxhall Tower, 30 St Mary's Axe, 100 Bishopsgate, 1 Blackfriars Road, 20 Fenchurch Street, Guy's Hospital Tower, 51 Lime Street, The Lloyd's Building and The News Building. Drawn on Microsoft Paint 2003 & 2007.

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
:drool:

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Reactions: PeterManc

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Does this have a concrete core or will it be all steel like the Heron tower?
From what I can tell from the floor plans in the planning applications is that the core will be concrete. :)

Applications search: http://www.planning2.cityoflondon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M9TK1EFH02B00
Level 25 floor plan: http://www.planning2.cityoflondon.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C82611D4E64D0BD4A57CDEAB566ABA14/pdf/12_00870_FULEIA-LEVEL_25_FLOOR_PLAN-220668.pdf

· Site architect
2,263 Posts

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
Maybe if you study the webcam archives for long enough, you might see me occasionally pop up behind the hoarding at the top-right of the image! :D

· Site architect
2,263 Posts
^^That is a very tall crane. :yes:

Reactions: iamtheSTIG
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.