SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21661 - 21680 of 21718 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
U2 is a sell out. The knack of their music went away after the Joshua Tree. Just like metallica ...
I actually liked Death Magnetic -- if only the recording wasn't too sh!tty. Lars really needs to just shut up and let the sound engineers do their work.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
bono thinks he is very influential and someone that matters...

Even sting, roger waters and others today knows that whatever they say make make headlines but wont scratch anything

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My father used this line over and over again - "Little knowledge is dangerous." He has long gone but that line stuck with me as i see its practicality everyday. Like this Bono, it is easy for him to talk about "human rights." He really does not understand the context - the reported "killings" by mainstream media, the social structure of the country, etc. I wonder what he wlll say if he sees and understands the big picture than the "little knowledge" that he knows.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
My father used this line over and over again - "Little knowledge is dangerous." He has long gone but that line stuck with me as i see its practicality everyday. Like this Bono, it is easy for him to talk about "human rights." He really does not understand the context - the reported "killings" by mainstream media, the social structure of the country, etc. I wonder what he wlll say if he sees and understands the big picture than the "little knowledge" that he knows.
Nah! Your father's motto could make us guilty of, anyone of us here. I can see it in social media! A little info is presented, then the whole Filipino social media reacts/comments not knowing the whole truth. :eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Like this Bono, it is easy for him to talk about "human rights." He really does not understand the context - the reported "killings" by mainstream media, the social structure of the country, etc. I wonder what he wlll say if he sees and understands the big picture than the "little knowledge" that he knows.
Nah, he or they are immune to that and done care.

How U2 became the most hated band in America
https://www.salon.com/2014/09/18/how_u2_became_the_most_hated_band_in_america_partner/

·
fug :DDD
797 Posts
Let's break it down.
Critics used to associate all homicides in the country+killings in police operations as "all victims of EJKs in the drug war".
So going by this, let us break it down:

5,779 killed in anti-drug operations as of August 2019[Source]+

8,239 murders and 2,386 homicides in 2016[Source]+

8,826 murders and 2,592 homicides in 2018[Source]+

6,866 murders and 2,151 homicides in 2018[Source]

=36,839 :)
This is so sad! That all these killings were directly promoted by the PNP! :banana:‬

·
Registered
241 Posts
When those tweets surfaced about Wakanda and stuff, I knew it was going to piss off the South Africans. Imagine having so little self-awareness, being the same people that say Duterte is insensitive and says rude things, when they themselves do the same thing. When asked for their justification, "it's just a joke!", which of course the South Africans didn't accept. Sound familiar? :lol:

May isa pang paid account tweeting "Tabogo" at the South African like he's supposed to know Filipino political nomenclature. :eek:hno: Assuming that the account thinks it's just a paid pro-Duterte account would be too sad.

·
fug :DDD
797 Posts
Woah! Anak pa more! :banana:

Defunding implants: Sotto vs. women
A report quoted Sotto as saying that the Senate “removed an unauthorized provision from the 2020 budget of the DOH for purchase of P195 million worth of abortifacients."

In a Senate deliberation on the health budget, Sotto mentioned that this contraceptive is abortifacient, quoting Donna Harrison’s opinion criticizing the FDA for approving its use by Filipino women.

But who is Donna Harrison? She is an American obstetrician/gynecologist who is also the Executive Director of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologist. She also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Trinity International University, an evangelical Christian university. Clearly, Dr. Harrison is anti-contraceptives, and her opinion is not surprising, being a pro-lifer.

What is surprising is that a senator of a secular State would choose to side with Harrison’s bigoted opinion over those of international medical and health experts. The subdermal implant is among the most recently developed contraceptives and was approved in the United States in 1990. Despite it being new, it has already been approved as a contraceptive by regulatory agencies of more than 60 countries worldwide, including the Philippines’ FDA.

Contraceptives do not induce abortion. They prevent, not terminate pregnancy. Contraceptives act BEFORE pregnancy occurs and thus, are not abortifacient. As former Health Secretary Esperanza Cabral often says, contraceptives cannot abort pregnancy because there is nothing to abort.

In removing the budget for implants, Sotto tried to appease the women who will be adversely affected by saying that anyway, other methods are available. Did he mean the so-called “natural” family planning methods? If yes, it should be emphasized here that the NFP is the least liked by women because these are quite difficult to use, and requires the full cooperation of their male partners. The latter is hard to achieve because of the inequality that exists in many relationships.

If, however, Sotto was referring to birth control pills and injectables, well, we have news for him. Implants contain the SAME hormones found in other hormonal contraceptives. Why then would Sotto single implants out, and curtail Filipino women’s access to it? Why did he not remove the budgets for the other contraceptives? Is this a case of not knowing all the facts about contraceptives?

Thus, there is no truth to Sotto’s assertion that the P195-million budget he removed was unauthorized because it was for abortifacient supplies.

21661 - 21680 of 21718 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.