SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Urbanist
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mic said:
I can see it outstripping SEQ growth.

The climate is more appreciable, with those long clear blue sky summer days without thunderstorms driving you off the beach. The mild sunny winter, it really has a climate that many people much perfer, warm and sunny without humidity.

Not only that, but I would move to Perth it just looks great, and with the resources boom, and the fact that many already consider Perth the 3rd main BUSINESS city in Australia I can only see many more good things to come in the future for this city.
Again, apparently humidity is better for your long term health...But yeah GO WA AND QLD!! Were like brothers...

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Its actually neither good nor bad....

Its just that most people prefer comfortable weather hence why the majority of the worlds population rests within the temperate zones, constant rainfall and water supply, mild to warm temperatures and low humidity.

I dont mind humidity, but prefer long hot sunny summer days without afternoon thunderstorms, I loved the climate of Greece and Ibiza last time I was over.

Sunset at 9pm and still on the beach...amazing.

·
New Urbanist
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ I like afternoon thunderstorms, everything is so exciting and chaotic when there is one...but SEQ gets less and less of them...because of the drought.

·
6,555 Posts
How did a thread titled "Perth" turn into a discussion about SEQ weather? Split from http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=351662

SoulvisionQ1, humidity promotes growth of bacteria and dust mites, and is bad for people with asthma and allergies. A quick Google search suggests around 40-60% is best.

·
New Urbanist
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AtD said:
How did a thread titled "Perth" turn into a discussion about SEQ weather? Split from http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=351662
I was wondering the same thing? but anyway... I don't know why but i just prefer humid climates... it just feels better and you don't get sick...well I don't get sick.

Orfeo said:
...and nasty fungal infections.
Yuck! what shower do you take...lol :jk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts