Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lady's bridge may be on the edge of collapse and dopzens of people are being rescued from choppers on brightside lane!! Add your news and pictures of the wettest month ever in our city!!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Blanket coverage on Sky News at the moment, looks like a fair few people trapped, 2 RAF rescue helicopters are rescuing people off the roof of a collapsing building. Staff are trapped inside the nearby Abbey call centre.

BBC N24 are talking about Tony Blair!!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Its headline news on SKY and BBC News at the moment, at least the national news giving some decent coverage unlike Look L**ds and Calendar.

·
Registered
30,575 Posts
I would back you all up here. Look North is very Leeds Centric and doesnt give much to Sheffield. Good for us but it is unfair...but thats the way it is. Theyre in Sheffield now anyway so its a bit better!

·
The Real Robin Hood
549 Posts
This is crazy totally crazy as if Sheffield ever floods when was the last time? when the Dale **** Dam burst? Bet the insurance companies never saw this coming!!!

·
The Real Robin Hood
549 Posts
I blame all this freak weather on the future loss of the trees on the Square 2 site. haha

·
The Real Robin Hood
549 Posts
You never know the way the media portray Climate Change you'd think the weather knew that they were about to cut down 4 trees.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Not sure if I should be worried- I think the building should be fine. SkyNews and bbc24 never give good info just dramatise everything that little bit more!

There are a lot of people that have stayed here/ come back from work. Am I stranded? Not sure I could get my waders on and get to the courts area I reckon! therefore i'm not stranded!

ps hancock and lant will be reyt flooded!! Delay it loads- I don't reckon that little wall between where they were digging and the river will not even be there anymore!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
ps hancock and lant will be reyt flooded!! Delay it loads- I don't reckon that little wall between where they were digging and the river will not even be there anymore!!
You're right - the wall seems to have little windows on it that the water just flowed through and Hancock and Lant is completely flooded - I walked in to the city to get a look.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Someone go on Sheffield Forum and blame the weather on the councils anti-car stance and students.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts