Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a photo of the old WTC Plaza Sphere today, and I was just wondering if it is going to stand in the New World Trade Center site, or if it will remain in Battery Park. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it would be good form to put it back where it belongs. Its amazing how it wasn't completely flatened!

Ironically it was meant to symbolize peace. I would like to see it tastefully displayed near the freedom tower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a believer in God or anything, but I was also amazed that the centre-piece of the Plaza survived. I genuinely believe that a higher power saved it.

Deep thinking over

Thanks for your input man, I'd love to see it in the new Freedom Tower Plaza.

·
User
5,634 Posts
Glick said:
Cheers for the great photo savethewtc. I never realised the top was crushed so badly.
No problem. Now that you mention it, the top is really messed up. Hadn't really paid attention to that much.

Here's a picture focusing more on the top from pbase...

Think there's an aerial picture of it post 9/11?

·
Hirise Piping Man
845 Posts
Well first of all, i beleve this should be the ONLY artifact of the original WTC to be placed back on the WTC site, as far as it's placement within the reconstruction area, it should be in a area of high visability, for instance the (main) enterance to the transit terminal, or the (footprint) memorial, using the two possible mentioned locations as a focus point, it should be placed where it can be seen from as many different locations within the site as possible, and it should NOT be reconstructed, but placed as it is. i know to some this may sound somewhat dramatic, but i think this will, or could be the best way to convey a few points, the first, being the degree of how far the emotion of hate can bring one to do such an unthinkable act to other humans, and the second, that the emotion of hate, even taken to this extreme can accomplish nothing, but more hate. for this reason we must never forget !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts