SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Perhaps an avenue of towers in the near future, but with Edgbaston Garden Square and Port Loop I see the city widening and stretching out here anyway, regardless of the size of this development.

I envisage Fiveways becoming a centre access point of a business/resi zone, Broad Street being the avenue that links it to the old city.

Morrisons was a massive missed opportunity - what chance that being developed into what it should always have been? There are further opportunities on Calthorpe and Hagley Roads as well as massive opportunity in Ladywood, within the ring road.
Sounds like the two-in-one city centre our Northern friends keep banging on about, except ours would genuinely be in the same city!

·
Jersey's finest
4,432 Posts
There are certainly worse. But this is in the top ten. It really confuses me because it takes up such a huge plot. Yet the supermarket is actually quite small. I realise there's a timpsons, barbers and Starbucks etc. But it really does seem short sighted.

I've said it many times that Birmingham is fantastic in pulling buildings down intending to fix previous problems but we actually create new ones. Sorry this is slightly off topic, I very much look forward to these proposals.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Wasn't the car park built in such a way that it could have a building on top of it?
I don't think so. I vaguely remember that being an idea - but that was pre-morrisons. Our supermarket overlords generally aren't really into planning ahead.

·
Registered
26,905 Posts
Wasn't the car park built in such a way that it could have a building on top of it?
I was always under that impression and looking at the car parks construction it’s fairly bulked up for 3 levels of car parking compared to larger car parks...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts