SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought a thread was needed for some of the non economic/building/event news, and for stories a tad more interesting and strange.

UFO'S IN BIRMINGHAM?

THESE sensational pictures show a cluster of UFOs hovering over Birmingham.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1222670.ece

The snaps were taken on April 24 and have left the photographer baffled as to what they could be.

Appearing as grey blobs across the city's skies, the objects look like flying saucers.

The shocked photographer, who posted them on to a website, said: "I took these pictures on April 24 in Birmingham using my Sony DSC-H1 camera.

"I only noticed the objects when I uploaded to my PC. I am at loss to explain what these objects are."

And experts think the pictures are "interesting."

Expert Chris Martin said they could be spheres which have been seen a lot over London.

These are balls of light which hundreds of people claim to have witnessed.

Mr Martin said: "They are interesting. They're not huge, probably about 10-20ft in diameter and they look too big to be helium balloons.

"To see groups are rarer. These look quite close to the horizon, so they're not too high up."

Send your UFO snaps to [email protected]

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Builders discover £200,000 cash bundle in plush Birmingham apartment block
By Louisa Pilbeam 2/06/2008

(What's this?)Two builders stumbled on a hidden £200,000 wad of cash - and handed it to police.

The Polish pair found the bundle of money in an air conditioning pipe in a posh tower block.

Police searched an apartment and are conducting a thorough sweep of the top floor of the 26 storey Beetham Tower, which houses 152 of the most expensive apartments in Birmingham.

A source said: "The two lads were just going about their work when they found it.

Advertisement
"They called the police in straight away. It was very honest of them.

"No one knows how it got there but it looks pretty dodgy. Why would anyone leave cash in an air vent?"

West Midlands Police said inquiries were ongoing.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Ha, that UFO one is hilarious! Mainly because of the sensationalist wording! :lol:

·
Change is Here!
4,082 Posts
I saw a UFO yesterday. Just outside Wolverhampton.

A huge flying triangle - with a smaller triangle on top of it which shook the ground when it moved, and did manoeuvres which are impossible to normal aircraft. Including appearing to 'hover' just above the ground with the nose of the small triangle pointing straight up. Before shooting off vertically at increadible speed

Similar things have been seen before, and they've been seen as far back as the early 90s and when reported, the authorities said it must be a UFO

Want to see it?

:lol: Eurofighter Typhoon - blasting everyone's eardrums to shreds at RAF Cosford yesterday.

Apparently, the MOD did claim that early prototypes were UFOs when they were first spotted. Oh, and that manoeuvre I mentioned is real. It does it to let enemy aircraft pass overhead before shooting up behind it and blowing it to hell.

Very very impressive piece of kit.

·
That's Dr to you
4,215 Posts
..and that manoeuvre I mentioned is real. It does it to let enemy aircraft pass overhead before shooting up behind it and blowing it to hell.

Very very impressive piece of kit.
It's called vector thrusting I think, or something similar, the Russian MiG fighter was the first plane to actually be able to do it, the Typhoon, is newer and just much better at it. :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts