SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, April 23rd on Capitol Hill

Heading north on Boren w/Queen Ann Hill in backround.

Let's head downtown to Pike Place Market.

The University district

Hope you enjoyed.:) More to come in the coming weeks.

·
BANGED
772 Posts
Ahh... I live across the street from the second to last picture

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gordon Freeman said:
wow after seeing that

Vancouver truly is the greatest city in the Pacific Northwest
I believe you meant "wow, after seeing that, Seattle truly is the greatest city in the Pacific Northwest" ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice pictures of Teletubby Park. What's with the douchebag from Vancouver?

·
Journeyman
16,808 Posts
Small dick in Vancouver apparently. Vancouver is a great city, and nicer than Seattle in a lot of ways, but it takes an especially pathetic loser to bring something like that up here. I bet this candyass has a Camaro.

pwright, great post!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Gordon Freeman said:
wow after seeing that

Vancouver truly is the greatest city in the Pacific Northwest
Vancouver is Seattle without unique neighborhoods, interesting people, an economy, nightlife, music scene or culture unique to itself. It's true sorry.

·
hmmm......
New York
10,412 Posts
I love Seattle it's bold skyline, and it's relaxed way-of-life...great city, if I ever saw one.

thanks for the awesome pics, keep'em coming!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
It appears far less tropical/subtropical than Vancouver. (That's not a put-down btw...)

Am I correct?

-thryve

·
Registered
611 Posts
seajer said:
Vancouver is Seattle without unique neighborhoods, interesting people, an economy, nightlife, music scene or culture unique to itself. It's true sorry.
Really, you are right . Vancouver has no unique neighborhoods (Kits,westvan ,yaletown,chinatown,granville island), people (i guess having one of the most diverse cities on the continent doesnt count) or economy (our ports compete directly with yours) or nightlife (granville st on a friday). In the case of music scene you maybe right but no culture unique to itself (i wonder where the word vancouverism came from)

Anyways ,Seattle looked quite vibrant in those pictures

·
Registered
229 Posts
thryve said:
It appears far less tropical/subtropical than Vancouver. (That's not a put-down btw...)

Am I correct?

-thryve
Seattle defines itself as being a city in the pacific northwest, Vancouver as the warmest place in Canada, hence a lot of planting of windmill palms there that survive in the northwest climate. Seattle is usually just a few degrees warmer and supports the same vegetation.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
KK thanks... I just don't see the dirtied buildings, and greenery growing on the sides and roofs of buildings. Now I know, though...

However, having been to Vancouver before a few times, I can assure you that what you say about it is a load of BS... honestly, it was the best surprise of a city I've ever had... I hate to say it, but I like it alot more than some of the world's 'best cities'.

-thryve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts