1. New York (374,345,143 sq. ft.)
2. Chicago (134,533,476 sq. ft.)
3. Washington, DC (81,285,863 sq. ft.)
4. Boston (78,094,079 sq. ft.)
5. San Francisco (68,449,408 sq. ft.)
6. Philadelphia (53,612,971 sq. ft.)
7. Los Angeles (50,838,105 sq. ft.)
8. Dallas (37,204,314 sq. ft.)
9. Houston (37,192,663 sq. ft.)
10. Denver (26,509,449 sq. ft.)
11. Detroit (18,565,739 sq. ft.)
12. Atlanta (11,221,650 sq. ft.)
13. Miami (9,314,741 sq. ft.)
*Note: The above figures are representative of the amount of office space held only within the primary downtown of each city. Also, secondary downtowns like New York's Jersey City and Houston's Uptown do make the list but are not included in the list.
A forum community dedicated to skyscrapers, towers, highrises, construction, and city planning enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about structures, styles, reviews, scale, transportation, skylines, architecture, and more!