SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a bit obvious what this thread is for, post three pictures (or more) of the three most beautiful areas in your city, it does not just have to be in the city centre, just places where you like to relax and take in your surroundings.

Mine are in order of Beauty...

My first has to be Sutton Park, I can go here whenever as I live down the road from it!

My second has to be Brindley Place, I have only recently started venturing around this part of town and I love it so much.

And my third is a bit strange to some people, but I love Moor street queensway, only because you have moor street train station, selfridges, rotunda and the other side you have future land for so many developments, and I look foward watching the eastside become a reality int he future.

So what is everyone elses!

·
3,633 Posts
Lichfield Street

Theres plenty of nice old buildings along Lichfield Street with Queens Square at one end and Victoria Square at the other. It's the true heart of Wolverhampton.

West Park

Very peaceful and very close to the city centre. Plenty of areas to chilax to the max.

Ring Road Saint Andrews

The area in between the two roads is very peaceful and contains benches, trees, pathways, etc... and is a great place to go and eat lunch. The noise of cars zooming past is a reminder that you're still in the city centre.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,450 Posts
Ironbridge goes without saying its wooded slopes drop more than 200 ft down to the river

The Wrekin is 1334 ft high but its all alone so it looks much more impressive

and the Town Park 170ha of slag heaps and holes in the ground beautified into a park and local nature reserve

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
^^

That first photo is great as when you're in Ironbridge you can't imagine all that sprawl up the hill and that kind of shows the two extremes in one photo! However, it makes me lament the passing of the miles of fields and woodland in the 1960s onwards. :(

Not strictly in my, erm, "city", although it does come under the Dudley postcode, Himley Hall & Park is perhaps the most beautiful place in my area, along with neighbouring Baggeridge Country Park.

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,450 Posts
There are probably more trees now than there was in the 60s

Nice waterfall-let by the way :happy:

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
There are probably more trees now than there was in the 60s
Always good to know. :eek:kay:

Nice waterfall-let by the way :happy:
There's actually 3 mini waterfalls on the path betwixt Himley Park and Baggeridge Country Park - we once saw a frog by one of them carrying a baby froglet on its back! I think if you were in that kind of circumstance, the words "how" and "adorable" would be used. ;);)

·
Fus-Ro-Dah!
12,450 Posts
Well those words were forming in my brain as I read your little story, i'm far too predictable methinks :eek:hno:

·
Registered
30,474 Posts
Kirkstall Abbey

Roundhay Park, with it's two lakes, several gardens, fort, Tropical World and Mansion House

The Chevin and Lower Wharfedale, North Leeds

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
The whole time ive been in and out of Portsmouth ive never been to portchester castle, probably because there are so many back home. I agree about southsea common though id break it up into areas as some parts arnt as nice as others and does run the full width of the city. Added to that id say the hill that overlooks the city (portdown hill or something).

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
most of Liverpool's seaside districts are great, though mainly for their situation, rather than their architecture and/or townscape, which sadly has been battered by 'in keeping' bland developments.

Canning and many parts of Toxteth are architecturally good. Woolton and Gatacre are truly pleasant suburbs as are Allerton and Mosley Hill, though these can hardly be called beautiful, or unique!

http://canning.merseyworld.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotofacade/857678229/

·
Registered
16,733 Posts
The whole time ive been in and out of Portsmouth ive never been to portchester castle, probably because there are so many back home. I agree about southsea common though id break it up into areas as some parts arnt as nice as others and does run the full width of the city. Added to that id say the hill that overlooks the city (portdown hill or something).
Portsdown Hill is ruined by burnt out cars and motorbikes. It is covered in little and unfortunately, ridden with chavs.

Just to further emphasise what that area has become, one of its little caves is known locally as 'The Shagging Cave'.

I hate chavs.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
cardiff,

you have the photo-uploading skills.

I think the three most beautiful parts of Cardiff are; parts of Bute Park, Castell Coch area, and views across the Bay. Maybe Cathays park too.

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
The Boathouse. Great pub! + "bouncy bridge"

The Quarry fields (before 7pm when chavs start to appear)

The Dingle. :banana:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts