Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the photos OrangeKiwi, I really like this project - the exterior design is great, very clean and reserved, not trying to do too much with a plethora of colours and materials.

·
Planner
179 Posts
Why no colour! White is soooooo boring.

I think the contrast next to the heritage houses is great. It's very Melbourne and something Auckland should do more of.

and great that a wasteful dead car yard is replaced with people that will add to the vibrancy and support amenities for Great North Road. It's going to be an awesome neighbourhood if this keeps up.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Stuff the villas - freakin land hogs!
They make Auckland unique, and help define a unique New Zealand way of life. And they're beautiful. Look around the world - we're pretty damned lucky to have a city like this. I accept your point though - for every yin there is a yang

Why no colour! White is soooooo boring.

I think the contrast next to the heritage houses is great. It's very Melbourne and something Auckland should do more of.

and great that a wasteful dead car yard is replaced with people that will add to the vibrancy and support amenities for Great North Road. It's going to be an awesome neighbourhood if this keeps up.
I agree totally (although I think white is classy). I'm over comparisons to Melbourne though. Auckland is unique and has its own identity and Melbourne is pretty blah if you ask me. It might be relatively nearby and is large compared to Auckland, but is certainly a wanna be city in my view. When Auckland is looking for inspiration, in the age of globalisation it should look further afield at truly great cities, especially in the NH

·
Registered
24 Posts
They make Auckland unique, and help define a unique New Zealand way of life. And they're beautiful. Look around the world - we're pretty damned lucky to have a city like this. I accept your point though - for every yin there is a yang

I used to be the staunchest heritage advocate - was a massive chimney prig, lol - but now I just mainly see selfish privilege from those currently landed. The villas at the tops of those side streets off great nth rd should also go with lower rise to then blend further down into the remaining villas. I don't think we can afford the luxury of mothballing whole tracts of the city - esp the inner city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts