Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Pizzeria uno

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other?

Votes: 12 30.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
14,322 Posts
Only one place can consistently offer the same high quality deep dish pizza in numerous locations: LOU MALNATI'S!! Uno's (and Due's) offer the real thing at only the two downtown locations; the franchise places are crap.

Malnati's to me is closest to the "old days" when Gino's, Uno's and Due's were about it for deep-dish pizza and Malnati's was coming on board with an owner who worked at Uno's for years. Today, Malnati's is closest to the original deep-dish than either the older Uno's and Gino's.

Nobody does stuffed spinach like Edwardo's.

For thin: I've mentioned this one before and anyone in the North Shore/ north suburban areas, if you're familiar with it, I'd love to know: Tonneli's (Waukegan and Shermer in Northbrook). Fabulous thin pizza. Very thin with a great flaky crust. Nothing is loaded up on it; everything is in the right proportions. Tonneli's uses flavor rather than quantity and it works. This stuff goes down as easy as any pizza I've ever had with a most memorable taste.

I'd like to ask the Aeurillio fans: is it as good in the other locations as it is in Homewood.

· Banned
14,322 Posts
sharptent said:
^ who the hell gets thin-crust from lou's?

lou's is about 1 thing and 1 thing only..... the sausage disc. (oh and the butter crust is also kinda mind-blowing as well ;) )
sure they're famous for deep dish and rightfully so, but they make a damned good thin, as well.

· Banned
14,322 Posts
Does anyone like Gulliver's on Howard for deep dish? It's one of those places that's been around for a hundred years. I haven't been there for the last 75!!! They had a great deep dish, but very, very tomato-y. Still the same from anyone who knows?

· Banned
14,322 Posts
Would it gross you guys out to know that years ago, we went with some friends, their kids and ours, to Nancy's in Niles (around Golf and Greenwood, near Golf Mill...I'm not sure if they are still there).

We ordered pizza (surprise). When it came, one of the kids asked "what's that", pointing to an ingredient we didn't order. It appeared to be a black olive. It wasn't. Olives have never been known to walk on their own 6 feet. Or have sibblings.

Understandably our stomach's we're turning and our appetite pretty well destroyed. But the clincher was how the management wanted to handle things: to take the cost of the pizza off of our bill and charge us for the rest (or graciously offering to make us another pizza!).

Needless to say we let them know that in no uncertain terms we weren't paying a fucking cent. My biggest regret: not having reported this to Niles health officials.

It took awhile to get my taste buds receptive for pizza...but never again at Nancy's. If I ever did go back, however, I'd bring a can of Raid with me.

· Banned
14,322 Posts
mypetrobot said:
these are the ones in chicago that i know of but i don't know anything about what neighbourhoods they would be in but im sure you guys know.

439 N. Wells St.
Chicago
3859 W. Ogden Ave.
Chicago
958 W. Wrightwood Ave.
Chicago
The one on Ogden is not-for-profit. All the profits are returned to the neighborhood. Neat concept and only one wher Malnati's operates that way.

rather short on city outlets where the suburbs are covered with restaurants and carry out Malnati's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.