SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Kelvin Cheng
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11.02.14 - I finally went to the spot I've always wanted to go.
I want this pano to have its own thread. Maybe I'll post more on this thread.
You guys know I post a bunch of giant panos but this is the one I love the most.

Image taken by me. Inspiration Point.
I will come back to this place another time --- soon.
For more of my photos, https://www.flickr.com/photos/kelifornia/

Los Angeles by Kelifornia, on Flickr

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Jesus! And Century City is Downtown!

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
And this is the problem. I have a chance to go study in Madrid for a couple of years but after looking at that pano how could I ever leave LA? Someone please convince me to leave.:hmm:

Reactions: LosAngelesSportsFan

·
Madrileñian member
13,609 Posts

·
Deep State
891 Posts
^ No mas!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
And this is the problem. I have a chance to go study in Madrid for a couple of years but after looking at that pano how could I ever leave LA? Someone please convince me to leave.:hmm:
Almost everywhere in Europe has free schooling and healthcare. Also vacation time for work can last for months.

·
Registered
17,373 Posts
Lovely parts of town, good food, great art, plenty of nightlife.

But hell-like in the summer and cold and damp the rest of the year. Good for a week or so, but not for a full year.

·
Madrileñian member
13,609 Posts
Madrid damp? We have only 61 days of rain (>1mm) per year, so we are one of the most dry cities in the entire continent due to our (continental) Mediterránean climate.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
you can't compare apples to oranges. Madrid is a beautiful city with its well-preserved buildings, expansive parks, and enchanting plazas tucked between winding cobblestone streets. Los Angeles is a different kind of city. It is huge in land area, decentralized in living arrangements, marked by an individualistic culture.

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
^And much younger and more influential!

·
Administrator
29,730 Posts
Wow! mother of all pans for now if you ask me. DT LB very visible, even my work building in El Segundo.

·
Registered
17,373 Posts
Madrid damp? We have only 61 days of rain (>1mm) per year, so we are one of the most dry cities in the entire continent due to our (continental) Mediterránean climate.
Winters are not rainy but the temperatures drop much more than true Mediterranean climates. This causes a feeling of what in English would be called "dankness" or a coldness accompanied by a slight wetness. Compare Barcelona, Valencia, etc., which are literally more humid but do not have the same penetrating coldness in the winter.

You sound like you are enough of a Madrileno to have heard "nueve meses de invierno, tres meses de infierno". I've never known a Spaniard who didn't understand it and agree.

Of course, the winters are nothing like northern Europe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts