Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cotton
9,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There're lots of skyscraper competitions on this forum. But there has never been something like skyscraper combination. If you had an opportunity to take all the skyscrapers from all over the world, how would you place them to form the best and the ideal skyline for us? Write your ideas and write comments on finding the proper place for each skyscraper.
This is an inter-subforum idea. We should cooperate with 3d Design subforum to realize our concept.

·
All American City Boy
191 Posts
I had a dream about a place called Icon City, where all the big famous buildings in the world that could fit in a Chicago style city block were all packed together. It stretched for miles and had nothing smaller than 600ft buildings.

·
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
269 Posts
The Financial Times had a go at that some time ago:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
269 Posts
^^AMEN TO THAT:cheers:

·
Live from the sky!
3,205 Posts
^^ I actually like that more than the first images. What I like about historical cities was that it looked like one grand building. Consistency. Modern cities do look cool, but they are often a mix between hundreds of weird styles. Throwing in famous skyscrapers from all over the world makes it even worse. I really like the skyline of NY when there were only art-deco like stone buildings. Not that I hate glass and curved buildings, no I love them. However I also like if a city looks like 'one'. Would be awesome to have cities in the future that have the same consistency as these old cities, but then with futuristic skyscrapers.

Those futuristic artwork always look so awesome because the buildings all have one style (yet they are different)

·
Деревню
423 Posts
^^
I agree to an extent. Cities should be different and unique, the first pictures are a massive cluster of stuff from all over a world. A city like that would lose any identity.

·
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
269 Posts
^^:master:^^:master:^^:master:

Truly Amazing just religious feeling trough me to see this vision for a skyscraper sucker like me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts