SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We don't know yet where the venue is for The warehouse Project, it hasn't yet been announced. So In A City tower may well start in 2007.

They're unlikely to use under the train station for all these big events, it's smaller capacity than when they were at Boddies they aint gonna want to go anywhere smaller.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
They haven't announced it but we spotted the license application on here:
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/licensing/publicregister/citycentre.htm
(its gone now, what with being approved and all)

I'm still not sure if it affects the Piccadilly tower though. It can't be in the arches along store street (under the outdoor car park) as they look about as safe as a Baghdad bodyguard. There's the car park under the arch that crosses south, over store street, that some one said it was held in last time, but I never went so I'm not sure.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Ive got a very strong feeling that all of these events wont be in Store Street.
May be one or two will be they have to load in and load out every time they do an event so a regular event is out of the question.
I may be wrong but i think they are going for a more 'permanent' venue.

·
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the email I recieved says....

Welcome back...

George Orwell declared Manchester 'the blood and guts of the nation'.

This was proved again when those doors opened and the Warehouse Project welcomed 100,000 people to party inside the legendary old brewery over the last twelve weeks of 2006.
Saturday 29th Sept is the date the day the project returns. Once again, it runs for those last three months and will feature a carefully crafted programme of music events to plunge Manchester back into crazy season.
Some of you will have seen this years venue in action during Beneath the Streets. Whilst slightly smaller than Boddingtons, the atmosphere, the sound and the feedback of this original World War II air-raid shelter pointed to the fact that we really had o do it here. The acoustics, low ceilings and brick archways mean that the issues we faced last year, wont be arise again.
Anyway... Enough rambling... let the rave do the talking this time. Take a look inside at what is programmed so far. Some very exciting things are still about to drop, so keep checking the shiny new website for updates.
For twelve weeks this city is ours

It was an offical mailing list message, so sounds pretty certain. I had presumed the wesite had the same text on it but obviously not.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
The event is actually under piccadilly just inside the tunnel.
On the gates there are notices up regarding the licence application.
Shouldn't affect Piccadilly Tower then surely, as it's not being know down is it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
alright guys.....went to the warehouse project for the 1st time on friday and was absolutely blown away... unbelievable space

i'm after some pictures of the WHP when it ain't the WHP...when it's just a carpark.....anyone know where i can find some??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to hear you like it Spud! The Warehouse Project & Parklife Festival in Manchester are both shortlisted for UK Festival Awards. To celebrate they have a couple of competitions running on Facebook.

There are 4 tickets for the sold out Ian Brown gig on Friday 17th December and Warehouse Project merchandise up for grabs on the WHP Facebook page and a competition to win 4 tickets to Parklife 2011 on the Parklife Facebook page. It's dead easy to enter either, just find the posts on the respective Facebook pages and follow the instructions. The Ian Brown tickets winner will be drawn on Friday 22nd October and The Parklife winner will be drawn on Wednesday 27th October. The winners will also receive hoodies for themselves and the 3 people they choose to bring along.

THE WAREHOUSE PROJECT | Facebook Competition

PARKLIFE | Facebook Competition

Please vote for The Warehouse Project as 'Best Metropolitan Festival' & Parklife as 'Best New Festival' in the UK Festival Awards. Click the WHP flyer below to go to the voting page. Voting closes Wednesday 27th October 2010

http://bit.ly/VOTE4WHP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts