SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Londinium langur
9,706 Posts
These are beautiful photos but this is only the West End/Westminster (ie the western half of central London), not really "West London" as most people understand the term. You don't go anywhere further west than Park Lane so it doesn't even include all of the central area.

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
West London is charming!! Great pics as always Greco ;):cheers:

·
Londinium langur
9,706 Posts
West End is still West London. ;)
Next time you post a thread of the City, make sure it only covers as far east as Queen Street/King Street (I mean you miss the eastern half of the City), you should title the thread "East London". That's what you're doing here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Whatever the area, fantastic buildings and photos.

They did take a long time to download for me, but I imagine they took you even longer to upload. Thanks a lot. :)

Hope to see more.

·
planquadrat
10,232 Posts
Brilliant photos, even if the locations are getting a little boring after seeing them for a millionth time :)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Just beautiful, beautiful photos. Thank you.
There are some Incredible buildings here that I have never seen before.

·
5,236 Posts
As someone who lived there and used to walk a lot around these places, I can only thank you for sharing these lovely pictures of this magnificent city!

·
Urban Designer
1,152 Posts
Amazing. The distortion actually lets you look at these sights with fresh eyes. Living here you become completely spoiled by these sights. You cant look at them in the same way as you look at a new city. But occasionally you can stand back and see how spectacular London is like its the first time you've seen the place. Thanks for providing one of those moments

·
Londinium langur
9,706 Posts
Brilliant photos, even if the locations are getting a little boring after seeing them for a millionth time :)
Actually the West End of London is hugely under-represented on these forums compared to the the City or Canary Wharf. The City hasn't been the true heart of London for hundreds of years, and Canary Wharf is even more marginal. London's historic architecture, which is absolutely magnificent, is also hugely under-exposed at SSC. I understand this is a skyscraper forum but even so! As far as SSC is concerned, this thread is refreshing. More like this please, only this time venture a little further west.... :)

·
Banned
730 Posts
Beautiful pictures of my favorite city in the world!

By the way, since you changed the thread title from 'West London' to 'West End', I always thought that Whitehall was located outside the West End. Anything south of Trafalgar Square is outside the West End. Am I correct?

·
Londinium langur
9,706 Posts
How far west? Acton? Kew? :)
Earl's Court and Hammersmith. I took a huge walk around this area today, mainly through the districts to the south of Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens and further west as far as Earl's Curt and Hammersmith. Go around with an A-Z so that you can explore the streets in-between, and not just Cromwell Road, Old Brompton Road, Fulham Road, King's Road, Gloucester Road, etc. There's an absolute ton of magnificent architecture out there that could well benefit from your camera. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts