Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Brackfriars train station platform, London’s largest photovoltaic solar panel array is being constructed. This will be the world’s largest solar bridge. The project will consist of 4,400 solar panels from Solar Century that are expected to generate 900 MWh per year.

Solar Century is the UK-based company that is constructing this project. This project is expected to meet half of the Brackfriars station’s electricity requirements, and avoid 511 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from traditional power plants.
Solar Century’s chief executive Derry Newman said Blackfriars Bridge is an ideal location for solar; a new, iconic large roof space, right in the heart of London.

http://constructionreviewonline.com/construction/index.php/e-news/71-e-news-intros/1066-london

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
My God how extremly ugly.
One thought London couldn't get any more awful after that Shard... But sure did they manage to!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My God how extremly ugly.
One thought London couldn't get any more awful after that Shard... But sure did they manage to!
I love how BIG and BOLD London thinks. It has managed to successfully maintain its history (unlike NYC) without sacrificing growth. They're certainly not afraid of contemporary, ultra modern architecture clashing with the old. American cities are extremely conservative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts