Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be two 230 meters high minarets in Tehran's largest mosque, at the top of each one some buildings have been built which will be used as museums and for other purposes.

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The News and Developments forum is for projects that are announced, but not yet U/C. This thread belongs in the construction forum.
sorry you are right!

they look impressively tall, but still not as nice as smaller usual minarets
Ok these minarets will be also decorated with patterned tiles and hopefully as beautiful as other minarets.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Are these practical for use as minarets? I admit I'm a little ignorant of how mosques work, but I understand the minarets are used for calls to prayer. Wouldn't these need to have massive speakers and create a huge amount of noise pollution?

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look at the middle of these minarets, you will see that there are already some massive speakers.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Nice. The ones that were supposed to be the tallest were the minarets of the Saddam Mosque that never got completed (280 m).

Any idea how many worshippers this one can fit and the cost by any chance?

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,737 Posts
Wow! When will the whole thing be completed?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,974 Posts
afraid your right DamienK
I would be looking to when they are closer to being complete and one would hope better looking

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. The ones that were supposed to be the tallest were the minarets of the Saddam Mosque that never got completed (280 m).
280 meters ?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,717172,00.html

The Scud-style minarets were each 43 metres high to mark the "43 days of US aggression". Another minaret was 37 metres high, to represent the year of Saddam's birth, 1937.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts