Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hanging the boots up
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn its all over the news....the fact that it is taking international outcry for jonathan to do something is telling.....otherwise this fool would have just ignored it

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
To me i has exposed how nonobjective and detached from facts the western media is. It's really no notch higher than Nigeria's other than funding. You're trying to 'rescue' someone and you have no interest in seeing their picture.

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
GEJ took long and let the media, and in particular the international media, determine the narrative of this story.

Its the samething that happened to Bush and Katrina, he became insensitive and uncaring.

The affordable care act became Obamacare with death pannels.

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
But plenty of oroof has be men shown that he didn't ignore the matter yet no effort to correct it. NG needs to do like Singapore and bring a libel suit. I think Singapore won like 9 of them against the nytimes Dow jones bbc et

·
15,239 Posts
Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for these terrorists like he said.
and they will really sit up to this problem.
first it was blasts in Maiduguri, then it's creeping towards bomb blasts in Abuja, very soon it will be Lokoja, and before we bat eyelids it's in the South

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
They could hit anywhere they want. Even Lagos. That they haven't suggests it's not a mere cult. They won't chaos but not unmanageable chaos, which is what would result if the south were hit

·
15,239 Posts
Hmmn, Have you seen their videos??
They say they won;t stop until shariah law is implemented across the country, what kind of impossible demand is that?...... this is what happens when people attend nothing but Quranic schools that teach extremism + extreme poverty.
These people are sick I only wish you understood Hausa, their videos are on youtube.

now the government is going to start to divert funds to social projects in backward region of the country whose inhabitants aren't even willing to accept them..... were't these Kanuris sympathizers of Boko Haram until recently?

·
15,239 Posts
I watched a recent documentary on Al-jazeera Ok so basically, now, Bornu state schools are totally shut, and one of the women interviewed was saying something along the lines of "Oh The Western schools are closed, but at least my daughters are attending Quranic school" The daughter then repeated the same thing "Oh, at least I am attending Quranic school" :lol:
as if that Quranic school was supposed to be some sort of alternative replacement :nuts:

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
Wow. All the schools closed? These fools have won (temporarily )
The alternative is to give secular lessons in Koranic schools. The 1bn now being spent on the military may turn into a blessing as we can't leave our security system so weak.

·
15,239 Posts
Wow. All the schools closed? These fools have won (temporarily )
The alternative is to give secular lessons in Koranic schools. The 1bn now being spent on the military may turn into a blessing as we can't leave our security system so weak.
Yes, That is the situation in Borno state AKA "Home of Peace" right now.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Hmmn, Have you seen their videos??
They say they won;t stop until shariah law is implemented across the country, what kind of impossible demand is that?...... this is what happens when people attend nothing but Quranic schools that teach extremism + extreme poverty.
These people are sick I only wish you understood Hausa, their videos are on youtube.

now the government is going to start to divert funds to social projects in backward region of the country whose inhabitants aren't even willing to accept them..... were't these Kanuris sympathizers of Boko Haram until recently?
i've been saying this from the beginning. You can't fight boko haram under the pretense that it's not a popular movement. They're saying what many in those communities want and are saying as well.

It's also extremely unfair and STUPID to close all school except koranic ones because the state has an enormous christian population and is far from completely muslim

·
15,239 Posts
&& seems you dont know what Quranic schools are.
They are not in conventional classrooms with chalkboards, marker boards and all that stuff
in short, they are not in a way you know schooling to be.

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
Its Bible school with the Koran pretty much. So things like science and Algebra are out.

·
Banned
11,651 Posts
&& seems you dont know what Quranic schools are.
They are not in conventional classrooms with chalkboards, marker boards and all that stuff
in short, they are not in a way you know schooling to be.
Do they write in chalk then wash the words off the board and drink it. So I've been hold by someone who went to one. Anyway looks like the beautiful state of borno is now a generation behind everyone else

1 - 20 of 32 Posts