SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·











 
G

·
Did you brave it and drive up the hill or did you get a bus ;)

P.S Hope you walked along the beach after 6 - Bars! Bars! Bars! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·





















**Many thanks to Cosmos and Skylinearth from the Greek forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SimLim said:
Did you brave it and drive up the hill or did you get a bus ;)

P.S Hope you walked along the beach after 6 - Bars! Bars! Bars! ;)
Actually these pics are courtesy of some of the Greek forumers in Euroscrapers. :)
 
G

·
Prometheus said:
Actually these pics are courtesy of some of the Greek forumers in Euroscrapers. :)
Oh :)

Thessaloniki, is a truely marvellous city, just miles and miles of the same height structures with bars and shopping to match.

I recently put it number 8 on my favourite cities list 6 behind the city you are currently living in ;) Its a must visit and my holiday 2007 is already booked for this area of Greece. :cheers1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
thanks for sharing , this town always reminds me ancient times, mainly the times when St. Paul preached there, and to which thessalonic friends he wrote one of his letters !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
seems or looks like it would have the same kinda feel as Izmir, can anyone say if there is actually that much similarities?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
metcalf said:
seems or looks like it would have the same kinda feel as Izmir, can anyone say if there is actually that much similarities?
Absolutely. Izmir and Thessaloniki's seafront's are almost identical in style and weather.




SimLim said:
Oh :)

Thessaloniki, is a truely marvellous city, just miles and miles of the same height structures with bars and shopping to match.

I recently put it number 8 on my favourite cities list 6 behind the city you are currently living in ;) Its a must visit and my holiday 2007 is already booked for this area of Greece. :cheers1:
Good stuff mate! Where are you from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·







Ataturk's house


'Macedonia Airport'-Thessaloniki's airport






 

·
Simple User
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
Prometheus said:
**Many thanks to Cosmos and Skylinearth from the Greek forum
You are welcome!
Thessaloniki is a major port in The Balkans and the city hopes to become the economical centre of Southeastern Europe due to its significant port

I have some photos too:







































university

Technology museum-Planetarium



















a typical Thessaloniki suburb...

another one

downtown buildings...

Thessaloniki concert hall














Also mention that the metro construction starts in May:
http://www.iee.org/oncomms/sector/transport/SectionNews/Object/DFFB8320-0C9B-7FE7-D9CBE2BE06F06764

Map:http://www.ametro.gr/main/communication/gallery/images/various/metro_thess_4310.jpg

And some photos from Halkidiki, near Thessaloniki. Awesome place with many tourists too:









Porto Carras Grand Resort:










The hotel...












the casino:


Also the European Union Summit was held at Porto Carras Grand Resort in June 2003.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top