SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
καταχωρη&#
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thessaly's geography consists of a ring of mountains surrounding a central plain: Trikala and Larissa lowlands. It has a distinct summer and winter season, with summer rains augmenting the fertility of the plains. This has led to Thessaly occasionally being called the breadbasket of Greece.

The region is well delineated by topographical boundaries. The Khasia and Cambunian mountains lie to the north, the Olympus massif to the northeast. To the west lies the Pindus mountain range, to the southeast the coastal ranges of kissavos and Pelion.
Several tributaries of the Pineios river flow through the region.

The area is located in central Greece and it is divided into 4 prefectures (Karditsa,Larissa,Magnesia,Trikala).

Somewhere in karditsa

karditsa, Lake Smokovou

meteora

Plastira lake

Ambelakia(Αμπελάκια)

Tempi valley(pinios river crossing through)

Pinios river

Mountain kissavos(the rival of olympus)

Mt.Olympus

Mt. Olympus from elassona

random pics

Near Stomio,larisa

Near Agia, larisa

Near Larisa

Rapsani train station

Platamonas

Near agria,volos

Pelion beach-Fakistra
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/228966306_c6adeb89f7_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/40/161570567_53d6b2425e_o.jpg

Velika,agiokampos(melivoia), larisa

·
καταχωρη&#
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Σε ευχαριστώ φίλε, πραγματικά η Θεσσαλία ,όπως και όλη αυτή η χώρα άλλωστε, είναι ευλογημένη, παρασύρθηκα και λίγο με τις φωτο...., αλλα βλέπεις εκτός απο το πήλιο η υπόλοιπη θεσσαλία δεν ειναι ευρήτερα γνωστή.

Οι φωτογραφίες όχι δέν είναι δικές μου, ως συνήθως απο το flickr :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It must be also pointed out that Thessaly has great contrasts like huge plains and on the other hand impresive mountains like peak Mytikas in Olympus range at 2,919 meter plus over 100 other ones all around Thessaly that surpass the 2,000 meters!!!

Nevertheless I have to mention that I thought until recently too that the Thessalian camp was the largest plain in Greece but it isn't actually. The real largest plain is the Thracian. Anyway the Thessalian is rich and still large in land area.

Thank you for the wonderful photos.

·
καταχωρη&#
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right about the plains, how did i missed that :(
i do actually remember my teacher at the elementary school telling me that :)

Well Thessaly has everything you wish, large plains, sea with excellent and clean beaches, and of course mountains...a lot of them:)

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Very nice photos!

·
Simple User
2,826 Posts
Σε ευχαριστώ φίλε, πραγματικά η Θεσσαλία ,όπως και όλη αυτή η χώρα άλλωστε, είναι ευλογημένη, παρασύρθηκα και λίγο με τις φωτο...., αλλα βλέπεις εκτός απο το πήλιο η υπόλοιπη θεσσαλία δεν ειναι ευρήτερα γνωστή.
Ωραίες οι φώτο φίλε pilotos, αλλά να τονίσω οτι και τα Μετέωρα είναι ευρέως γνωστά, όπως και το Πήλιο.

Btw my favourite is Plastira lake.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
14,295 Posts
Μωρέ πας και παραπάς... Εκεί μιλάς με ΤΟΝ αρχιτέκτονα...

ΑΠΙΣΤΕΥΤΕΣ Φωτόγραφίες. Μπράβο!!!

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
Severely beautiful.

·
SE™-Πόντιος κι έναν ομάτ!
1,860 Posts
PANAGIA MOU!EKSTASIASMOS!!!!OLA TA LEFTA OI FOTOGRAFIES!NA SAI KALA! :D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Χμμ, το σκέφτομαι αυτό pilotos. Αν δηλαδή θα πρέπει να έχουμε ένα thread για κάθε θέμα, ή αν πρέπει να υπάρχει ελευθερία κινήσεων. Θα φέρω το θέμα στο improvements & ideas για να δούμε τι πιστεύουν και οι υπόλοιποι.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.