Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
^^ You hate graffiti in deed.I saw you had said that in a thread of skybar and in another Chongqing thread in cityscapes subforum.
Hehe, yeah. I find graffiti visually aggressive and dirty. It doesn't fit with anything, it's always out of place no matter where you make it. Just my opinion ^_^ Plus, most graffiters are vandals :(

On the other hand, I don't hate every graffiti! A few of them are nice, especially when they don't look like "typical graffitis" and they try to immitate let's say "normal painting".

By the way, those graffitis you posted aren't too terrible. At least they didn't draw those huge aggresive and deformed letters and people everywhere, yaaaw! But I don't like them either, hehe.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I agree with zOrg.

The graffiti is just a bunch of messy paintings. It hardly brings the positive impression into the community.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
well, I think it all depends on the nature of this area, and it is better then grey monotony anyway, especially if it is some sort of youth oriented cluster...

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
^^ You hate graffiti in deed.I saw you had said that in a thread of skybar and in another Chongqing thread in cityscapes subforum.

It is understandable he hates so much graffiti, being Spaniard like me. I think there is a strong lack of civism about that here.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
It's much better than the ugly bare concrete walls that those blocks of flats usually have. At least there's some colour!

·
Wanderer
424 Posts
Re: the OP
It's not really graffiti anymore, more like a unique paint scheme instead.

They will look good and lively in certain areas like commercial shopping or recreational and entertainment districts, but not in office or residential areas.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: the OP
It's not really graffiti anymore, more like a unique paint scheme instead.

They will look good and lively in certain areas like commercial shopping or recreational and entertainment districts, but not in office or residential areas.
I'm highly against your idea.^^

The place in the pics posted in the first place is an artistic neighborhood mixed with some residential communities.It's not bad to get some graffities onto some buidlings with tacky facade,on the other hand I really dislike graffiti in the commercial districts since it would be ugly there.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
They better "reform" the facades trying to immitate traditional architecture. That would be very nice. I wish they used traditional appearence very often in modern residentials.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The themes of graffiti just don't go with Chinese traditions, I just don't want the Chinese culture to be absorbed by too much foriegn influences. I guess what I hate is not the idea itself - it's ok to have them in designated areas as arts, but if they'd appear in normal places, I will definitely not like it.

And of course I also hate the type of domestic graffiti that Danny has shown.
That kind of ruthless painting should be banned strictly, and those who caught doing that should be put into prision to warn others (not death penalty though).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts