SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting NYC for the first time next week. Tagging along with my wife, whose work occasionally takes her there. Manhattan on Monday together. I will have a good bit of time to kick it on my own while she's working during the day for the remainder of the week. Will be staying in Bay Ridge.

Things to do, places to hang in Brooklyn?

Prospect Park and The Brooklyn Museum are on my list. I like coffee houses.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Swivle is correct as usual - take the train to brooklyn heights and dumbo. I'd take the 2/3 to Clark Street in Brooklyn Heights (u can transfer from the Atlantic Ave stop) - and walk around the neighborhood. Make sure you hit the promenade, montague street, walk the sidestreets and take in the architecture. walk north through the heights and down the hill to old fulton street - have some pizza at grimaldis, ice cream at the foot of the brooklyn bridge, and walk through dumbo. check out the brooklyn bridge park - some of the best views of the skyline. if you can - eat/grab a drink at superfine, eat at rice if you want good asian food. they have ferries from the foot of the brooklyn bridge to manhattan - if the weathe is decent. totally worth the price.

good luck!

·
Jersey FRESH
460 Posts
gothamaniac has the advice.

Also check out the NYC Transit Museum in downtown Brooklyn and there are some cheap (and often free) art galleries in Williamsburg.

·
chek ur hed
473 Posts
Don't miss shopping and dining on Smith and Courts Streets in Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens (F train to Bergen or Carroll). There's a fantastic Basquiat exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts