SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
yeah i seen that on the news yesturday. They demolished 16 in total I think with one remaining because of explosion falure which will be bulldozed down..

It was quite impressive i must say being the most high rises demolished in one hit ever.

I think it happend near the border of hong kong in china?

Great pix btw

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grantus said:
yeah i seen that on the news yesturday. They demolished 16 in total I think with one remaining because of explosion falure which will be bulldozed down..

It was quite impressive i must say being the most high rises demolished in one hit ever.

I think it happend near the border of hong kong in china?

Great pix btw
It's not the most number of buildings taken down in one, but second. America's CDI group claim the record for the most taking out 17 buildings at once at Villa Panamericana & Las Orquideas in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The demolition occurred in Shenzhen right next to the river which seperates Shenzhen from Hong Kong.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Guiness World Record for most number of buildings ever imploded at once by CDI in San Juan was shown tonight on the Guiness World Records on Ch 7.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Maroon Grown said:
actually i find australian demolition quite boring.....theres no destruction on that level!
awesome pics.
Boring?

yeah to watch...but not if you're in the excavator ripping buildings apart with massive swipes of the bucket.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
AG said:
The demolition occurred in Shenzhen right next to the river which seperates Shenzhen from Hong Kong.
Off-topic, but don't you drive on the left in Hong Kong? What happens when you cross the border into China by car?

Anyway, I think if anyone in the nearby towers didn't know about the demolition (or forgot), they must have had one hell of a shock then they started blowing the towers up...

·
I need to know...
2,015 Posts
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why were they demolished? That reddish building in the 3rd last pic looks pretty new, as does that one that looks like it's still under construction?!? Really cool, that aerial shot really looks not real

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
this looked very comical when i saw it on news.
good stuff

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ParraMan said:
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why were they demolished? That reddish building in the 3rd last pic looks pretty new, as does that one that looks like it's still under construction?!? Really cool, that aerial shot really looks not real
Good question. They are new. The reason they were demolished was because they were built illegally, without government approval.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
AG said:
Good question. They are new. The reason they were demolished was because they were built illegally, without government approval.
If only developeras in Aus were that eager to build highrises...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts