SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throw out some idea on how to make our city even greater.

there is no wrong answer i want everything!

Hit ME!

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is a no brainer...............allow buildings of any height in tsv, obviously nothing stupid like burj dubai though.

Theme parks???
Townsville is located in a pretty awesome spot to build something like seaworld.

You guys have the v8s now!!! What about keeping in the theme of motorsports and get something awesome like the redbull air race?
(would prefer it in the whitsundays though)

That the sort of suggestions you were after mate?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice, red bull speed race..

we do have the air show coming up i think.

good show on the strand and open day at the airport!

haha cant wait to get inside a fighter.
less restrictions on height is obvious, what about stuff that seperates this city from other!

something nostalgic perhaps, or modern and cultural
prefer the last one !
ahah

·
Cairns: clean and green
664 Posts
Trying to steal the red bull races off Perth would be a david and goliath battle. I dont think Cairns' chances are good, hopefully that shouldnt be a problem for Townsville especially with the backing of the State & Federal Governments.

·
©
9,470 Posts
nice, red bull speed race..

we do have the air show coming up i think.

good show on the strand and open day at the airport!

haha cant wait to get inside a fighter.
less restrictions on height is obvious, what about stuff that seperates this city from other!

prefer the last one !
ahah
Thunderbirds are coming for the skyshow! :cool:

I'll be watching from the Aquarius.

·
6,435 Posts
Yeh, I have very fond memories of watching the old 4TO Skyshows on The Strand as a kid, back when The Strand was basically a small strip on grass on top of a rock wall. Good to see it coming back.

prefer the last one !
ahah
There are plans for a international standard military museum as part of the plans for Jezzine Barracks, but not sure if that will ever happen. There was going to be a rail museum at the end of the old North Yards too, that would have been awesome. I would love to see that idea reincarnated.

Though my number one priority for Townsville, which I've talked about before, is increased density across the existing urban footprint, particularly in the inner suburbs (South Townsville, North Ward, West End, Belgian Gardens), rather then unsustainable urban sprawl out in the sticks, which is making the poor layout of Townsville dramatically worse, when we should be making it better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Though my number one priority for Townsville, which I've talked about before, is increased density across the existing urban footprint, particularly in the inner suburbs (South Townsville, North Ward, West End, Belgian Gardens), rather then unsustainable urban sprawl out in the sticks, which is making the poor layout of Townsville dramatically worse, when we should be making it better.

completely agree,

sprawl is ruining the city, with burbs completely disconnected from the city, public transport cannot bridge the gap, with poor roads this budget promise to roads will go a long way, connecting tsv with its cbd, which will thrive shortly and experience a major rise in activity.

develop within the 4810 area, north ward will boom shortly, yet sout tsv is relatively untouched, only palmer street is saving it, thee are great opportunities in it.
walking distance to everywhere!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tell me about it!

with development follows everything you want in a city i think.

development = pt increase, events, tourism, landmarks, population increase, etc.

everything is centralised around development. i think the coucil realise this, hence massive budget for infrastructure.

peace

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys!

sorry for the no post in a while. was on holiday in MEL.

first visit to the city and was amazed by its beauty!
easily the best city in Aus,
pt is seamless, with tram services linking up the city and inner burbs so easily...i never got on a bus in the week i was there.
trains are amazing we visited rellies 2 hours from city, cost me $4
and that was able to be used on any tram, bus, train all day!

tsv need to implement some of the strategies melb city council has, with much easier road design then any other city, few one way streets like BNE! and SYD!

the city design is simple and seamless, four main streets enclosing a breath taking vibrant city!

TSV please implement a few of these ideas......a town square similar to that proposed in flinders street will be a major step towards that vision, also drawing ppl out of the burbs and into the city with archetecture and vibrant cafes

i will forward some photos soon guys!

peace

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with you Nick, MEL is a great place to get around..... was down there earlier this year and have just booked to go again in FEB for another wander around....
The transport system is the best there is in AU, Brisbane is atrocious!!!! [Although the Airtrain I guess makes up for it.]
The problem with TSV that a few years back some wise-crack political party decided to build a half-baked rail station in the fringe of the city.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts