SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:lock:

Hi everyone.
I was going to change my username and continue posting pictures in this thread. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that, so I signed up again. My new username isKamZolt.

I will resume this thread using my new username. Here is the link: LONDON!

Thank you all for viewing this thread so far.

- - -

@moderators: please lock this thread

:lock: :lock: :lock:

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London.
No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.
"

http://www.samueljohnson.com/tiredlon.html

These famous words come from a discussion which happened between Samuel Johnson and James Boswell in 1777.
I had a chance to spend 4 months in London back in 2007, and I can say that 230 years after the discussion took place the words felt SO true.

The biggest problem one may encounter while visiting London is that there is always not enough time to do everything he or she wants to do.

In this thread I'll be posting my pictures of the city, and I hope they'll portray London as indeed a great and very interesting place.

Kamil

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
7. Hyde Park.

8. Hyde Park.

The park is a wonderful place for escaping from hectic city life, and relaxing for a while. If you look for something else, there is always the possibility of catching some of your heroes live in concert there.

video posted by Ev2clip

posted by Pepperpearl on YouTube.com​

9. The City - Fenchurch Street railway station aka London Fenchurch Street.
The station was the first to be constructed inside the City and it was opened in 1841 for the London and Blackwall Railway (L&BR).

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10. Yes, this guy's name is Sir Patrick Stewart (aka Captain Jean-Luc Picard for all Star Trek fans). He starred in West End production of Macbeth back in 2007.

11. West End

12. Badge of the London, Chatham and Dover Railway on the first Blackfriars Railway Bridge. The LCDR was a railway company in south-eastern England from 1859 until the 1923. Its lines ran through London and northern and eastern Kent.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Great pictures.

I also lived in London for 1/2 Year and the feeling this city gave me was undescribable.

Please continue the tour, it takes me back to places that I saw on a daily basis.

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pictures.

I also lived in London for 1/2 Year and the feeling this city gave me was undescribable.

Please continue the tour, it takes me back to places that I saw on a daily basis.
Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I took literally hundreds of pictures of this magnificent city while I was staying there, and I shouldn't run out of them for a couple of weeks. :cheers2:

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
13. Highbury.
I used to be a HUGE fan of Arsenal FC (around the time Ian Wright was playing there). Well, I still think it's probably the greatest football club in the world. ;)

The other day, back in 2007 I went to Highbury in order to have a look at the Home of Football. I was shocked when a local guy told me that there is no Arsenal Stadium anymore. Most of Higbhury had been demolished and only the exteriors of the listed Art Deco East Stand and the matching West Stand were preserved. :(

14. Emirates Stadium - the current home of the Gunners.
It takes you only a couple of minutes to get from the area the barbaric demolition of Arsenal Stadium took place to the Emirates on foot.

15. Guns of the GUNNERS.

·
KamZolt from now on
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
:lock:

Hi everyone.
I was going to change my username and continue posting pictures in this thread. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that, so I created a new one. From now on it's KamZolt.

I will resume this thread using my new username. Here is the link: LONDON!

Thank you all for viewing this thread so far.

- - -

@moderators: please lock this thread

:lock: :lock: :lock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts