SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say that this forum should be renamed the "South" forum bacause it includes much more than the true Southeast states.

Southeast: Virginia (sometimes grouped with the Mid-Atlantic), North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida (they have their special forum though). These states all border the Atlantic Ocean.

Interior South: Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas

Gulf South: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas (could belong under 3 regions).

If we go by the same standard that the Northeast uses, we'd only have the Atlantic Coastal southern states I mentioned at first.
Anything west of the Atlantic South is not Southeastern, rather Southern.

I just think this is a more accurate description of this forum. :)

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
triadcat said:
I say that this forum should be renamed the "South" forum bacause it includes much more than the true Southeast states.

Southeast: Virginia (sometimes grouped with the Mid-Atlantic), North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida (they have their special forum though). These states all border the Atlantic Ocean.
Florida borders the gulf too ;) So i guess we should do a West Florida and East Florida? Lol i think its good the way it is.

·
Registered
754 Posts
That being said, I think Texas should have it's own forum.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
i think it would be jumping the gun for the time being to give texas their own forum. there isnt hardly enough chatter about the cities within the state.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Style™ said:
i think it would be jumping the gun for the time being to give texas their own forum. there isnt hardly enough chatter about the cities within the state.
there should be a "New Orleans News" Section, along with a "Question" section.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Why?

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
1,455 Posts
It used to be called the South, if I remember properly, but I'm not sure...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I bet if Atlanta and New Orleans had forums like Houston and Dallas, their wouldn't be so many threads about them either.

San Antonio needs a thread to, SSP is all about them.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
econ_tim said:
the "east" in southeast mean east of the mississippi.
Uhh.......mmmk. Even then, what about Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma which are WEST of the Mississippi?

I still consider any state just west of the Atlantic Southeastern states to be "Interior South" or "Gulf South".

Like I said......this should be renamed the "South" forum. It includes the entire Southern US; not just the Southeastern US. :)

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I-275westcoastfl said:
Florida borders the gulf too ;) So i guess we should do a West Florida and East Florida? Lol i think its good the way it is.
Well, Florida already has it's own special forum :lol:

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
triadcat said:
Uhh.......mmmk. Even then, what about Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma which are WEST of the Mississippi?

I still consider any state just west of the Atlantic Southeastern states to be "Interior South" or "Gulf South".

Like I said......this should be renamed the "South" forum. It includes the entire Southern US; not just the Southeastern US. :)
hmmm You do have a point.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It's not like there are too many threads going on right now... what's the point of subdividing the forums when the current one is more than adequate for the amount of traffic?

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Justadude said:
It's not like there are too many threads going on right now... what's the point of subdividing the forums when the current one is more than adequate for the amount of traffic?
I'm not talking about subdividing the forum here. I'm talking about renaming this forum. A more accurate description of this forum is the "South". :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts