SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Townsville
552 Posts
Yea KJBrissy the plan looks great. I have mentioned in other threads that Thuringowa has become the fastest growing local region in Australia. I'm happy with that, because I own land in Thuringowa. :)

The proposed CBD Masterplan is a 20 plan, however I believe many of the changes outlined will come a lot quicker. Many of the proposed developments in the plan have already been designed.

The Thuringowa CBD is presently at the edge of greater Townsville, however it won't be long before giant housing developments push outwards from Thuringowa city and centralise the Thuringowa CBD causing future development.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Willows will definetly expand, cause they will be taking away the Carparking directly outside the Kern Bros drive Entrance will be used for Retail Expansion, and Willows may possibly build up. The Area around Willows from Maccas to the Banks and outside strip is planned to be set out for retail expansion of 2-3 levels, but the ThurCC is allowing more for Office and Accomodation, but I think they will eventually allow it for Retail.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I Know this thread hasnt had any posts in ages, but from the plans off the Thuringowa Masterplan it looks as if Maccas and HJ's at the Willows look to be no more, does that mean thay maybe incorporated into the the redevlopment off the Willows shopping Centre?

·
Cairns: clean and green
667 Posts
im just wondering whats gonna happen with Thuringowa's plan after the newly merged Townsville City Council? will it take precedent? or will Townsville City Council amend or alter it?

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Mooney is actually quite keen about developing it, he mentioned that in todays Townsville Eye, which is a liftout in the bully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts