SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3121 - 3140 of 3253 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
What I think is maybe they'll have to get more funding to pay workers to finish off the tower. It's almost finished like 80%. Hopefully they'll have more cladding before winter. Tianjin gets pretty cold in winter and working those heights is crazy

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Extremely disagreeing there.It's only reliable and "constantly-up-to-date-of-all-information-of-buildings-worldwide"-updating source there's so far.
It does have a bit of a bias problem, though. It still classifies Dubai Creek Tower and Jeddah Tower as "under construction" because their developers don't want to admit failure - neither tower has seen progress for years.

And what's the point of the barely coherent word salad in the rest of your post?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
It does have a bit of a bias problem, though. It still classifies Dubai Creek Tower and Jeddah Tower as "under construction" because their developers don't want to admit failure - neither tower has seen progress for years.

And what's the point of the barely coherent word salad in the rest of your post?
Guys guys guys, I know the JT and DCT forums are closed but still, all we should be talking about is GF117 and ONLY GF117

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

I don't think English is his first language. He does tend to go on though.
On Topic: has anyone noticed any evidential changes like added cladding, moved cranes or anything?

·
Registered
909 Posts

But, that's just specific out dates misses compared to t he more general picture of its otherwose obviously credible and outdated information and facts, and that's empirically proves woth the naked eye, when I'm there. And, no kinda intented, just coherent as it can possibly be(otherwise the individual is just merely lazy minded, disagreeing had core, but have not any strong and valid to say and etc. Many reasons why they keep saying incoherent /or putting a "kinda" or something lookalike to make it lesser negatively critical to something that's kinda coherent, yet being edited, too, make it more coherent, yet expressing in his whole another non-cliché-lile way,yeah) to something and the salad might be one of the most preferred dishes, like in this verbal case, too. Good that that has been settled and clarified out. Any updates here🤨😬✌🌈

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't think English is his first language. He does tend to go on though.
On Topic: has anyone noticed any evidential changes like added cladding, moved cranes or anything?
And, I like it in that way. That's why I proceeded with it, because I can and will, yet getting improved each time, so I'm sure about English capabilities more than any non-English speakers I have encountered in my presence/or company in social media context. Good that that has been settled and clarified out once for all, too. Anywayyyy , yeah I don't know for sure, really like to know that, too, hmm. Lost of interest in it,like officially, well it does seems to now, hmm. Or simply during a process to find a new developer, I suppose ? 🤔😌✌

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
And, I like it in that way. That's why I proceeded with it, because I can and will, yet getting improved each time, so I'm sure about English capabilities more than any non-English speakers I have encountered in my presence/or company in social media context. Good that that has been settled and clarified out once for all, too. Anywayyyy , yeah I don't know for sure, really like to know that, too, hmm. Lost of interest in it,like officially, well it does seems to now, hmm. Or simply during a process to find a new developer, I suppose ? 🤔😌✌
I don't think it's loss of interest I think it's loss or funding

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I don't think it's loss of interest I think it's loss or funding
It would have been quite a sight if it was loss of interest. As if a project manager strolled into a meeting one morning and said: "Guys ... it's time somebody said it. We're all bored of this skyscraper. Hands in the air, who wants to just quit it and go find something else to do? We'll just leave the site as-is. The architect is fine with it, the client just sighs and mumbles whenever we try to speak to him, the local government doesn't mind, and the investors consider their money lost already. Everyone? Okay, last one out, remember to turn the lights off."

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It would have been quite a sight if it was loss of interest. As if a project manager strolled into a meeting one morning and said: "Guys ... it's time somebody said it. We're all bored of this skyscraper. Hands in the air, who wants to just quit it and go find something else to do? We'll just leave the site as-is. The architect is fine with it, the client just sighs and mumbles whenever we try to speak to him, the local government doesn't mind, and the investors consider their money lost already. Everyone? Okay, last one out, remember to turn the lights off."
That's funny I wish we had a laughing emoji like on FB, we need to get the creators of this site to add more than just a like button. Imagine that though a loss of interest. It looks like it though the area is devoid of current construction.

·
I Love Chicago!
16,119 Posts
That's funny I wish we had a laughing emoji like on FB, we need to get the creators of this site to add more than just a like button. Imagine that though a loss of interest. It looks like it though the area is devoid of current construction.
Do you remember... these?

There's also the new smilies, but those aren't nearly as fun.
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
GF 117 cost 40 billion yuan to become the highest unfinished building

Pan Sutong, once one of Hong Kong’s “ten richest person”, saw business opportunities in mainland real estate, so through Songri Holdings (the predecessor of Goldin Real Estate) signed a land acquisition agreement with Tianjin Haitai Holdings for 2.026 billion yuan, and bought The plots in the center of Xiqing District and Binhai New District of Tianjin City, and proposed to build the tallest building in China.

According to the plan, the total construction area of Gaoyin Tianxia project is about 2 million square meters, and the three major areas planned include the 117 Building Central Business District, Fortune Gaoyin Mansion, and Tianjin Plaza International Polo Club. The entire project is expected to be completed in stages in 2017, with an estimated total investment of 9 billion to 10 billion US dollars (approximately 62.3 billion to 69.2 billion yuan).

At that time, the developer said about the positioning of Gaoyin Tianxia project, "With its unique economic and geographical advantages, coupled with favorable government policies, Tianjin is bound to become a financial center in northern China. We are optimistic about Tianjin’s demand for quality properties and seize opportunities. , Established a flagship project".

On May 21, 2015, Pan Sutong’s Goldin Real Estate and Goldin Financial stocks plummeted, directly losing more than 100 billion Hong Kong dollars, and Pan Sutong’s value fell by more than 80 billion Hong Kong dollars in one day. Although after that, funds were raised through the issuance of new shares and convertible bonds, it was no longer possible to maintain the later investment and construction of high-rise buildings.

According to Pan Sutong, the project has invested nearly 50 billion yuan, but the facade has not yet been completed. The size of the funding gap is unknown to the outside world, and it may still cost tens of billions.

In 2016, the 117 building was suspended due to lack of funds, and China Cinda, an expert in disposing of non-performing assets, appeared. China Cinda and Xinfeng Investment subscribed to contribute 9 billion yuan to Goldin for blood transfusion, and plan to complete the building in 2019 and realize the realization of cash.

But after 2018, the 117 building is basically in a state of suspension. Just add a few pieces of glass every few months.

On June 12 this year, China Cinda filed a lawsuit against Goldin Real Estate, applying for property preservation, asking for 1.5 billion principal and interest, penalty interest, compound interest and liquidated damages.

Ironically, according to the 2020 Hurun Global Real Estate Rich List, Pan Sutong's net worth is still as high as 20 billion, and he has also bought a 2.5 billion mansion in Hong Kong.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I disagree with w couple of your statements. I do agree it's out of place they should have planned the building closer to another CBD instead of a brand new one. I think they were hoping for the economic boom and population increase to rise until Trump became president and pushed sanctions. If the company didn't have economic woes the building would be complete by now. Blame them. I mean from a political and economic stand point it's better for Americans but for China it's opposite. Per statista.com

"approximately 1.88 trillion yuan

In 2018, the gross domestic product (GDP) of the city of Tianjin in China amounted to approximately 1.88 trillion yuan, compared to about 1.85 trillion yuan in 2017. Tianjin is located in northern China, close to Beijing.May 27, 2020"

This is my reasoning for economic growth and the reason they thought it was a good idea to build this huge tower and brand new CBD.
Tianjin GDP 2019 revised to RMB 1.41 trillion yuan as economic survey conducted in 2019.

It is a huge mistake to invest supertall office building in Tianjin as the demand for Grade A office is quite weak. And the position of this supertall is far away from city center.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Tianjin GDP 2019 revised to RMB 1.41 trillion yuan as economic survey conducted in 2019.

It is a huge mistake to invest supertall office building in Tianjin as the demand for Grade A office is quite weak. And the position of this supertall is far away from city center.
That's exactly what I said. Now we know the greedy conglomerate that's not in the hole but doesn't want to contribute more funds for his dream project. Maybe he sees it as a failure because the company lost so much money or he lost that much.

This is probably another reason China cracked down on the heights of buildings throughout the country so instances like this don't arise time and again. Pretty sleazeball like for this guy to do think of all the jobs that were lost because of the buildings pause

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
This is so sad. Why can't Goldin sell this building to Greennland. I may not be an expert on Greenland but they are a great skyscraper developer and im pretty sure they'd get this thing to the finish line
Greenland has multiple other contracts right now. I don't think they want to take this one on cuz it's in an area with little interest.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
This is so sad. Why can't Goldin sell this building to Greennland.
Probably for the same reason they're not hurrying to complete it: It would never make its money back. I suspect that the snail pace of construction - adding a few sheets of cladding every few months, but not abandoning the building completely - is done to satisfy some minimum definition of "a building under construction" so they can receive some tax rebate or other. This limbo between construction and abandonment might be the least expensive way for the tower to exist. Finishing it may ironically make it more expensive.

3121 - 3140 of 3253 Posts