1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
pooh bear
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TIANJIN INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTER

RENDER

LOCATION OF TIANJIN INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTER IN DOWNTOWN TIANJIN

The tower had 21 floors when it was put on hold in 1997-2008. It recently restarted and now is at floors 24-25.

Tianjin International Trade Center in 2007 (pic by SkyscraperCity member "Clashman"):

UPDATE MARCH 27 2008 (courtesy skyscrapers.cn and Bohai BBS):

UPDATE APRIL 4 2008 (courtesy Bohai BBS):

UPDATE JUNE 3 2008 (courtesy Bohai BBS):

UPDATE JUNE 9 2008 (courtesy Bohai BBS):

UPDATE AUGUST 8 2008 (pics by me):

·
pooh bear
6,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
its good that tianjin is being developed, but i wish they wouldnt sacrifice design just for the sake of building a new tall..

i really dont care for the design, but that is just my opinion

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's not exactly "for the sake of building a new tall", more like "for the sake of getting rid of an ages old eyesore". It had been just sitting there for years, and was probably somewhat embarrassing to the local government.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I went by here today. There was very little activity going on, and what activity there was seemed to be dedicated to putting on that siding to cover it up. I'd imagine that it would be difficult to work in there, as there would be little ventilation. Sadly, I suspect they are just covering up an eyesore for the Olympics, and aren't really working on completing the building. Hope to be proven wrong, though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes,sadly,everything is for Olympics at this moment.However,when this building was sold a few months ago,the auction announcement require that this project must be finished in 30 months,so i guess it will back to be under construction immediately after the Olympic Games

Side Note:The real estate corp which successfully bid at auction for the tianjin international trade centre is OOCL(Orient Overseas (International) Limited)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts