SkyscraperCity banner

341 - 360 of 588 Posts

·
pooh bear
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
This is a huge project comprising many parts. Lets review what is and isn't on hold, for ACCURACY's sake.

The phase 1 includes the "9+3" initial group of buildings which include 9 towers to the south, a park in the middle, and 3 buildings to the north (2 towers and a convention center/hotel). Also under construction is the Powerlong Center (289m) and HSR station, both a little bit north of the "9+3" cluster. Infrastructure under construction includes a new bridge and road tunnel.

List of what's on hold and what's not:

"9+3" cluster: Mostly on hold except for 300m making very slow progress, 230m just topped out but little/no cladding on topped-out buildings

Powerlong Center: 289m U/C

HSR Station: T/O, planned to open Mid 2014

New bridge: U/C, planned to open Mid 2014

New tunnel: Almost done, planned to open Mid 2014

So yeah.

I would say they definitely rushed building the buildings before the surrounding infrastructure is complete, so what we have now is the current on hold situation until the transport links in the area are complete. Xiangluowan across the river is further along with its infrastructure and so is looking a lot more complete, but there's no chance whatsoever of this project being cancelled or whatever the Sinophobic fantasists want to happen.

·
The Power Of Roof Height
308 Posts
I definitely can see progress from that photo. I wish Shangbang Tower and the shorter building next to it would get cladding.

This angle is one that I have never seen before. Clearly shows how much empty land there is to expand this district and make it probably 3-4 times as large.

Barbaric Manchurian, I would love to know what the situation with Rose Rock IFC is currently. You stated construction would start in September 2013, did it in fact go on-hold? I hope not for long if it did.

Reactions: Highcliff

·
planquadrat
10,243 Posts
The peninsula reminds me of Canary Wharf.
You're right. Except that, of course, Yujiapu and Xiangluowan are much bigger. However the similarity of setting is rather striking!

Scale is 1:1 (from Google Earth)

London Canary Wharf

Tianjing Binhai (Xiangluowan+Yujiapu)

Also pay attention to the level of road infrastructure in each location. What a striking contrast!

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,918 Posts
amazing! but indeed another scale. london has only one skyscraper (200m+) constructed and one under construction there. tianjin has a 400m monster, a 300m supertall and another dozen of 200m towers already under construction. in total there are at least 11 buildings U/C over 200m that are visible on the SSP maps, but it is not unlikely that some buildings are missing from that map, so likely it is more than that :cheers:

Reactions: chinesehorse
341 - 360 of 588 Posts