SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Didn't really want to start an new thread but had no idea where to post it)

Does this complex extend all the way from King to Adelaide?

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's too bad they weren't able to utilize the entire lot. My only concern is that the back side (north facing) will be one big, blank wall. Won't matter so much once the other lots get built up but that could be some time.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
^Toronto International Film Festival.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here's what it'll look like. It's called Festival Centre

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Is this going to get built?

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Does anyone know if they have started sales again on the Festival Tower yet? On the website, http://www.festivaltower.com/ they're still talking about "previewing". I remember them marketing this last year and they seem to of taken it off the market. Or am I wrong and have they been selling this whole time? :?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
TIFF is holding out for a federal gift of cash...something like $25 million I think. Better hope they hand it out soon...or kiss it goodbye.

KGB

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Why do they need federal cash?
Shouldn't the condo building pay for the thing?
But, I get the joke: feds give money to Toronto! For a festival -- one that's not even in Montreal!!! --- good one!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Why do they need federal cash?
Shouldn't the condo building pay for the thing? "

No way...they will get money from Daniels for condo development rights...but not that much...this project needs $196 million...$122 million for construction...%50 million endowement, and $20 million is operating expenses. It's a major project.

KGB

·
Registered
442 Posts
KGB said:
TIFF is holding out for a federal gift of cash...something like $25 million I think. Better hope they hand it out soon...or kiss it goodbye.

KGB
Toronto will get money from the Martin government when pigs fly. I guess the festival will have to live without this new centre, but it seems to have done fine without it to this point.

·
Registered
822 Posts
after martins tv speech yesterday toronto should get the cash before the election.
buying votes, it helps

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
And Queen's Park has already ponied up their $25 million...feds will probably follow suit...the MP already went out and already said it was going to happen.

Of course the timing is also good for it now as well. TIFF is also just a good investment...It's tops in the world in it's field, and has global pull and recognition...a feather in anybody's cap...most would want to be affiliated with being a part of, or sponsering it....everybody, and mostly governments want to be seen going with a winner.

KGB

·
Registered
442 Posts
KGB said:
And Queen's Park has already ponied up their $25 million...feds will probably follow suit...the MP already went out and already said it was going to happen.

Of course the timing is also good for it now as well. TIFF is also just a good investment...It's tops in the world in it's field, and has global pull and recognition...a feather in anybody's cap...most would want to be affiliated with being a part of, or sponsering it....everybody, and mostly governments want to be seen going with a winner.

KGB
But surely our Liberal pals would prefer to pump money into Montreal's festival, so they can surpass Toronto's. After all, Toronto's not allowed to have anything better than Montreal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts