Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to cost efficiencies, it seems that precast concrete slab industrial buildings will become part of our generations architectural legacy.

Unfortunately, it seems that most of these are very bland or devoid of the basic quality of contruction and imposing proportions if industrial architecture of years gone by.

Some attempt to add "design" with derivative mouldings or window cutouts.

Does anyone have any examples of tilt-slab buildings that actually look good or innovative?

·
Registered
77,942 Posts

·
Registered
77,942 Posts
Barangaroos headland
shell for 200m long structure where headland park is to be built
upwards pic

·
®
6,022 Posts
^^ On different days I had witnessed both Currambine Shopping Centre and one of the buildings along Marmion Avenue in Clarkson get their main walls put up in less than a day with that Tilt n Lift construction method.... :lol:

It is amazing how fast the build goes. I am amazed that the buildings don't fall over.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Some years ago I watched for a while as one of these buildings was being put together and was amazed at the speed with which the slabs were assembled. The building is bland but otherwise quite nice (1st Choice store on Liverpool Rd., Ashfield).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.