1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
They have a semi-strong persence around the world. which they keep on the down-low, especially as they want to reamin "Canaidan" even though it's almost all American owned. My friends who visited Australia say that there is a small chain there that is identical to Timmy's (outfits, colour scheme, menu) except they call it some other name. I'll try to find out what the name was, but when they came back we looked it up and they are owned by the same parent company as Timmys.

·
The good old days are now
476 Posts
The Krispy Kremes seem to have come and gone in Canada. Although they seem to be spreading like crazy in the UK.
I saw this one in London:

·
Registered
398 Posts
:lol: So true... Everything about Tim Hortons is discusting. From their dried out sandwitches to their uniforms - various shades of brown. yum

Although, I don't mind some of their soups & a few types of doughnuts.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
I hate baked donuts, they're so soggy. The deep frieds ones are better, even if they are less healthy.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
They used to be rolled and tossed in a deep fryer for a few seconds, then flipped over, drip dryed and served. No baking involved.

They're like potato chips!

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Yeah, the franchisee for the UK seems to be a lot better than the Eastern/Central Canadian one. KremeKo failed due to poor planning and leadership, not the product, methinks. Krispy Kreme is spreading quite quickly across England. It doesn't hurt that there isn't a Tim Horton's type competitor though.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Once they dominate the world, and put a donut in every city, they will need a new
corporate Head Office. Can anyone design one for Tim's? I think the building could
be shaped like a double double takeout cup, with a top cornice that looks like a
rolled-up-rim, and a a big neon donut on top. Dead classy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts