Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Maglev Believer
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this losing at Cricket to the Pome's thing is getting really annoying, so surely its time to throw in the towel and get our selves a new national sport!

Plenty of options are already available and it's just a matter of choosing the right one to dominate for years to come.

Remember the new sport that we will choose will ensure that whoever the captain is, will be the most important person in the country (unless Oprah visits again of course).

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Seeming as we're shit at everything and the country doesn't unite in a single sport this would be a hard decision. Cricket used to be so big in Australia but its following is shrinking fast.

·
Maglev Believer
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well there meant to be a poll but I didn't get it done in 5 minutes....

Lets see if I remember all the choices (and could a mod add them in):
Australian Rules (AFL)
Rugby League (NRL)
Rugby Union
Association Football (Sokkah)
Tennis
European Handball
Sailing (mmm Jessica Watson)
Sumo Wrestling
Table Tennis
Baseketball
Baseball
American Football
Darts
Snooker
Foxy Boxing
Whinging
Spelling Bees
Lawn Bowls
Cycling (think of the lyrca opportunities)
Tall Poppy Syndrome (Thanks Deranged For This)
Ballina
Gud for tourism
Other

I think that was about the whole list. Darn you SSC.

·
stupid sexy flanders
3,427 Posts
Nah stick with cricket. The lean times are what builds character.

Give it 5 years and we'll be back on top of the (tiny cricket playing) world again.

Union, League, Soccer, AFL are all homosports. And half the country doesnt even know who's in the national teams. Like who reading this knows who's the captain of the Soccer team? Union?

Cricket still reigns supreme.

edit: shit we just lost Watson. hahahahaha

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
ohhh you guys are really rattled ......and if you guys really keep knowledge of the sport...then you should know that your team is going thru a transitional phase and it was bound to happen....bad you kangaroos can't take defeat...get used to it...

Poms too are getting old and will soon enter the same phase and trust me they don't really have any bench strength .....Aussies might just be the 1st team to build a new team before others do....

·
derp
10,274 Posts
ohhh you guys are really rattled ......and if you guys really keep knowledge of the sport...then you should know that your team is going thru a transitional phase and it was bound to happen....bad you kangaroos can't take defeat...get used to it...

Poms too are getting old and will soon enter the same phase and trust me they don't really have any bench strength .....Aussies might just be the 1st team to build a new team before others do....
thread is a joke, not serious

anyone with half a cricket brain agrees with you

·
I need to find myself
5,631 Posts
Stop the boat people. Team sport as such will be good for tourism.

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
Bill Bryson said in one of his travel books whilst trying to describe cricket, that if the rules were left in Australian hands within 20 years the players would all be wearing shorts and using the bats to hit each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.