Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it might be nice to start some interaction between the older and newer members, as people do seem to be passing like ships in the night.

A kind of roll call maybe...

...either way lets have a bit more of a community spirit about us. :)

Hello by the way.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Suppose I'm an oldie now in here. anyway

Welcome welcome welcome. The more passionate mancs the better! :D

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Just thought it might be nice to start some interaction between the older and newer members, as people do seem to be passing like ships in the night.

A kind of roll call maybe...

...either way lets have a bit more of a community spirit about us. :)

Hello by the way.

:cheers:
Should have called it the 'The Manchester | May | ROLL CALL!'

Anyway you know am here, I never leave. Am imprisoned in the world of SSC.

·
On Pissamoat Hill
1,152 Posts
Hi from me. I've been around for quite a while but vanished for a year or so when Droylsden got promotion. I'm the official photographer there but since we've been relegated I've got a couple of months off in which I'm hoping to get to one of the hills close by with my tripod to get that elusive skyline shot.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Hello - my name is eddy and its my job to be horrible to new people and scare them off..........

.........apparently.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello all. I've lurked for quite a while but don't post very much. I work in town and live in Chorlton. Although I did live in Rusholme when I first started using this name.

·
Letting off the happiness
5,855 Posts
Hello, my name is Daniel and been here for about 8 years sadly :-/ I dont really post much these days but spend the odd afternoon going through all the threads that interest me, glad to see the site is still going strong.

·
Mancunian Member
7,184 Posts
Hello! Chogmook here, or Chogs, Choggers, whatever you feel! Been on these forums since the ol' days!

You can call me Paul too if you prefer proper names!

·
Less is more.
6,214 Posts
Hello my name is Kevin and I've been a member for a few years now. I'm passionate about Manchester and it's people. I work in town, have been known to take the odd photo or two and I live in Whalley Range.

·
Rock Lord
12,954 Posts
i used to be called golddigga18 and have been here for about 4 years. just about to graduate from uni with a degree in architecture
I was thinking the other day I wonder what happened with golddigga, good to see you still around. :)

Hello everyone, I love Manchester, I've got a lot of pals there and spend alot of time there when I have to change buses for Blackpool.

I work in recruitment and as soon as my father in law is better me and my girlfriend are buying a hotel in Blackpool and I'll move my agency up there too.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Kurt in Sale
Been on these forums far far too long under various names.

Work from home or Central Business Park 4 days a week, London 1 day a week in the financial / IT world.

Everyone who knows me takes the piss about my obcession with trams / public transport.

Christ, if people I know knew what I get up to on here :eek:hno:

·
Registered
272 Posts
hello all, been around for a while now, I use the forum as a resource and tend to post when people ask questions of my particular field (engineering), and very occasionaly when i know something that others don't..which reminds me have they finished that new low level car park at Ducie street yet? :lol:

·
Manc manqué
365 Posts
Hello. I'm Gareth and a bit of a lurker too. Would like to contribute more but am a) a bit shy of doing so and b) down in London, so there's a limit to what I can contribute

·
Nice up North
374 Posts
Hello everybody. My name is Nicola and I live in Hulme. I work for a well known IT company and have lived in Manchester all my life. I love Manchester its buildings and its people. I get to work around the country quite a bit and there nowhere quite like it. I really like this forum and have learned so much from it - especially from all you architecture types and building experts. Bobing on a bit these days but I have seen the City change so much in my life time and despite the credit crunch I'm optimistic for the future as the fundamentals are still quite sound.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
kids/ric here. in a marginal phase of life. doing not much at the minute.

this forum has seen my coming of age from i think about aged 14 to now (18/19). as such there are lots of posts i'd like to apologise for, i'd like to apologise for this post, and my posts in the future for about 6/7 years. i'm only a kid and i don't know what i'm talking about but that hasn't/won't stop me.

i will one day wreck manchester with my anarcho-urbanist views that will probably change.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kids/ric here. in a marginal phase of life. doing not much at the minute.

this forum has seen my coming of age from i think about aged 14 to now (18/19). as such there are lots of posts i'd like to apologise for, i'd like to apologise for this post, and my posts in the future for about 6/7 years. i'm only a kid and i don't know what i'm talking about but that hasn't/won't stop me.

i will one day wreck manchester with my anarcho-urbanist views that will probably change.
^^
Good lord, so was I debating urban form, masterplanning and regional infrastructure with a 14 year old? What did you do, copy and paste debates from other forums!
:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts