Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
23,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Timeball Tower
Height: 44m

The Timeball tower harks back to the original timeball clock that stood at the point back in the 19th century. The ball rises and falls according to the time of the day. at night it is lit up with white and blue lighting.

·
23,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going to say it looks more like a knife...but if you think ***** well..ok :)

It is a definately a piece of public art that gets people talking and thinking. In my mind it is similar to the millenium tower on the bluff, in that it serves a purpose while also being decorative. Some will love it, others hate it, but it will def get attention.

And i agree tom, it will make a great spot for new years!

·
23,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha. its described on a board below... Then you wont like the Champanile clocktower moreland have built in Umhlanga. It follows the same principle of a dropping ball, hpwever this one is as big as a car and drops thru the centre of the clocktower which is see-thru.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
haha. its described on a board below... Then you wont like the Champanile clocktower moreland have built in Umhlanga. It follows the same principle of a dropping ball, hpwever this one is as big as a car and drops thru the centre of the clocktower which is see-thru.
Where is this tower? I didn't even know it existed and I visit Umhlanga regularly!

·
23,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its in the Champanile court, which is the piazza area behind the Royal Palm hotel (on the Palm Boulevard side) and The Aurora's (on the Aurora Drive side). Its the open area that is soon to be filled with cafes and restaurants. If you are at plaka, you walk thru their square and into the larger one. You cant miss the tower.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Looks like durban is becoming more like jozi every day. Road rage. Crime... and now a complete obsession with knowing what time it is. And shark supporters seem to have an inclination to "drop the ball" before "time runs out." I need more sleep.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Seems as if durbs is becoming more like jozi all the time... no too obsessed with time, building clock towers all over? And since the super14 sharks seem to have an obsession with "dropping the ball" before "time runs out?" i need more sleep...

·
Afritect
4,402 Posts
hahaha funny jakes but i rate this tower its intresting and goes with the point any 1 got a nightshot of this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.