Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
as a bike messenger who's on the street 10 hours a day, i can assure all of you that traffic has become an absolute mess, thanks to these pedestrian plazas. 7th ave through times square is sloppy and slow; broadway south of 42nd is used by barely any cars; crosstown traffic north of harold square is beyond retarded at this point. - i could go on all day... the new bike lane running down broadway from columbus circle is pretty nice though

·
Registered
760 Posts
as a bike messenger who's on the street 10 hours a day, i can assure all of you that traffic has become an absolute mess, thanks to these pedestrian plazas. 7th ave through times square is sloppy and slow; broadway south of 42nd is used by barely any cars; crosstown traffic north of harold square is beyond retarded at this point. - i could go on all day... the new bike lane running down broadway from columbus circle is pretty nice though
Love the bike lane, but kind of silly if there are no throughway south of Times Square at this point because of this pedestrian mall. I took the M42 crosstown and it took 25 minutes just to get from 12th Avenue to Lexington Avenue. We were stuck for 10 minutes because pedestrians crossing 42nd Street think that a red hand means to walk... and so the light turned red and we were stuck for a few more minutes. Terrible...

·
Registered
478 Posts
lol

I agree. As if the traffic wasn't bad already, now they add this. I once did the crosstown bus thing as well, never again.

·
Pereira's Star Child
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You gotta give priority to what brings $$$....

Times Square is a tourist attraction no matter how u look at it and expect big crowds always.

I'm glad for the measure.

Summer Streets is another great programa...

About the Bike Lanes, they will get extended

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
When the 7's extended the M42 won't be needed anymore (if they build the 10 Avenue station, that is).

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Expect to see more of these Hollywood boulevard style weirdos in the future

·
chek ur hed
473 Posts
i'm not crazy about the haphazard appearance right now but the city swears new, permanent street furniture is coming in August.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts