·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A very nice video made by a serbian ? artist in Tiranas most fancy area , speaking in Italian with the taxi driver . She seems very surprised by Tirana .

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luxurious vilas being built in the easter part of Tirana , away only 10 minutes for the center .

Alket Islami

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Night life in Tirana

Some scenes from various clubs in albania

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Rough'n'tough
12,680 Posts
^^ I know Albanian women can be rather sexy, and I got the feeling one would stick out in an international group because of features typical of your nation only.

New Gjinokastra houses have an interesting design. I don't think I've ever come across a similar complex in other Balkan countries.

Also what's with the EcoVolis bicycles, public sharing?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: crossV

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I know Albanian women can be rather sexy, and I got the feeling one would stick out in an international group because of features typical of your nation only.

New Gjinokastra houses have an interesting design. I don't think I've ever come across a similar complex in other Balkan countries.

Also what's with the EcoVolis bicycles, public sharing?
Hahaha albanian women are very beautiful indeed , and that is ironical coming from a guy that his fiance is from a scandinavian country lol .

New gjinokastra is being built by an albanian businessman called Sajmir Mane , he has many malls in albania but also on a few other balkan countries , and The Neptun electronics chains etc.etc. ( It is not the only complex in fact , there are 3 more complexes being built right now by other ventors )

Yes ecovolis is public sharing , u just leave your id details to someone for security , and then you are free to take a bike to tour Tirana .

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 more residential complex being built , by another company . Close to Gjinokastra complex as well , eastern part of Tirana .

Long Hill Residence - Lundër

Jul Kasapi [FB]

·
Rough'n'tough
12,680 Posts
I'm surprised Tirana runs a bike share scheme. What about theft and vandalism? Also I wonder if Tirana supports the bicycle sharing system with enough paths. Burgas on the Black Sea should start a similar scheme.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm surprised Tirana runs a bike share scheme. What about theft and vandalism? Also I wonder if Tirana supports the bicycle sharing system with enough paths. Burgas on the Black Sea should start a similar scheme.
I am not aware of any incidents of theft or vandalism although i am sure that there must be individual cases . However , it seems very popular with younger people and in fact it has successfully created a bike culture in Tirana .

I agree , the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages ( which in fact i know none of such ) , and it is a very convenient way of touring the city . It would be a very good idea for touristic places . :cheers:

Reactions: Vojvoda

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
An aerial of Tirana

Photos by EDI H

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Durres , second most populated city of Albania only 35 km away from Tirana

Jérôme Maeder

The harbor of Durres . From Tirana you can be there in 30 minutes , thats why the industrial part of Albania is located between Tirana and Durres

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bicyclists Protest in Tirana

People claiming the bicycling lanes , from irresponsible people that double park
their cars ( although you cannot blame them , finding a parking place is a big problem in Tirana )
Nga protesta e dyrrotakëve !

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: benjaminn

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The reason why albania has been nominated by multiple organizations as the next touristic hotspot

Not that many people know the beauty of Albania . However lately more and more global organisations are starting to notice . In the same time , more and more visitors as well are starting to come to Albania , only last year there was a record number of visitors of around 4.2 milion tourists - an increase of 550% in just 7 years -

Albania has been nominated >

Number 1 global destination for 2011 by lonely planet
Number 4 global destination for 2014 by New York Times
Number 6 global destination for 2012 by BBC
Best Country to Visit in Europe, 2014 by Yomadic

Globo Alpin

Bledar Shapllo

I will also include a bonus , which is a video

Beach party in the Albanian riviera

Some of the most beautiful beaches of the albanian riviera

Beach party Jale Albania
It is n.2 in the second video

Dhermi village in the South of albania

Jale Beach , South Albania

Vlora and the Sazan island on the background

Golfo di Valona in barca a vela (Albania) by Tiziano Borella CartOrange, on Flickr

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 227 Posts