Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Very nice projects from the beautiful city of Tirana, and I hope to see more comming my friend. :) I'm really liking that 26 floor building in your first post. It seems really "modern". :yes:

I'm happy that you took into consideration my idea about making this thead, and may it be sucsessful my friend...

:cheers1:

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Wow Football Rules!!! Those are really interesting skyscrapers, especially the second one.

Please keep us all posted with these and any new projects in Albania.

Regards,

SinCity :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Is this area going to get cleaned up, or is it already cleaned? I notice that this would be an excellent location for the "miniture" square, mabye some place for some small concerts and other such things to be perform. I do think that the area has some nice potential, but hopefully the government will realize that soon. :)

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Mimica and SinCity for the kind words.
These projects will start within the year , i am not sure exactly when.
The first one is about to get underway i think.
It is very immpressive.
I also love the dutch project.
That is really a fascinating design.
I hope it will be built identical as in that picture.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Football Rules said:
Thank you Mimica and SinCity for the kind words.
These projects will start within the year , i am not sure exactly when.
The first one is about to get underway i think.
It is very immpressive.
I also love the dutch project.
That is really a fascinating design.
I hope it will be built identical as in that picture.
No problem, just make sure you keep us all updated here on this thread on these and any new projects.

Very impressive designs and I am definately in love with that second tower. Now thats what I call architecture ...... :)

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
BTW, I reckon Albania is going to be the next big thing in Southern Europe. You guys have a great coastline that is still yet to be discovered.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
SinCity said:
BTW, I reckon Albania is going to be the next big thing in Southern Europe. You guys have a great coastline that is still yet to be discovered.

Yes, I've been doing some research, and it seems that the economy is booming, it's has great potential for tourism, it's just one problem. This may be wrong, but it seems that the government is being curropted many times? I do think the country has some good pontential, as do many others in Easter Europe. Only time can tell...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
BTW, I'd like to see some of the newest pictures that you've taken from Tirana in this thread as well. A construction thread may not be exactly the place for street pictures, but considering the wrong impression that many have about the city, I do think you should prove them wrong in this thread. :yes:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Very nice pictures, I can see that Tirana has come a long way since the last decade. :yes: What is the population of Tirana? I am aware that it isn't exactly the largest city in the world.

Mapquest Map of Tirana:

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MIMICA said:
Very nice pictures, I can see that Tirana has come a long way since the last decade. :yes: What is the population of Tirana? I am aware that it isn't exactly the largest city in the world.

Mapquest Map of Tirana:
That is a very good map Mimica.
I will explain it in more detail the population of Tirana.
Tirana , besides being the most populated city in the country (3rd largest in area) , is also the biggest County in Albania.
In Albania we have 12 counties.
Tirana county is formed between 2 circles , the circle of Tirana and the circle of Kavajë which is the city you see in the left there.
They both make the County of Tirana which is around 1.1 million people.
Kavajë i believe is around 100.000 people as a circle.
Tirana is around 1 million.
Tirana as a city is around 750.000 people.
250.000 is made up with its boroughs and of course the students that come from all over the country who live in Student City (i demonstrated it in a picture in the other thread) which is on the upper side of Elbasani st. , very close to the american embassy.
That is the most accurate description i can make.
:cheers:

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A view of Skenderbeu square

Like i noted earlier in the other thread , the square will not look exactly like this.
This was designed before the belgian and dutch projects you see in the above.
I am not vey fond of those trees in the center.
I would like to see a real open square.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts