SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is said that in 2-5 years Rinas Airport will be the most modern airport in the Balkans
We will see about that but meanwhile i will post photos of the project that will be finished in 2 years , it's the Airport's Terminal:)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Very nice renderings, but I'd like to see some more of the "real life" pictures. Those really interest me the most. I haven't heard the fact about it being the most modern airport in the Balkans, but the best of luck to it. :)
What is the name of Albania's official airline, and how is it doing? Is it becoming more and more sucsessful, or is it having some current trouble problems?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Thank you for that information. :)
How old is Albanian Airlines? Have they always been around, or are they fairly new?
I like the colours that Rinas airport is painted, it makes it look much more modern.
Do you have the information on how many daily flights pass through Rinas, and that sort of information?

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Albanian Airlines was established in Early 90's
I have no information about the daily flights but considering not many people visit Albania , the number is not high:D
I checked Ministry of Transportation site but they offer very little information

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Football Rules said:
Albanian Airlines was established in Early 90's
I have no information about the daily flights but considering not many people visit Albania , the number is not high:D
I checked Ministry of Transportation site but they offer very little information

Interesting. I would imagine that many people would be coming to Albania, especially at this time, to see the great nature the country has.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This airport looks nice at the moment, the new version looks a bit like the new terminali in Sofia, for a city like Tirane, small city, it has a good airport.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt call Tirana a small city if it had a population of 1 million people
Rinas airport is far from the city itself , like 20 minutes is located in a village of Rinas in Tirana district
Getting there is the fun part , that area when you enter close to the village is surronded by trees from both sides , it has remarkable scenery

·
Registered
60 Posts
Medium size city then ;), I'm looking at the Tirane city website now and it says 518.143 live in the city. But it is doing very well for itself. I like how they coloured the buildings over there.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Football Rules said:
I wouldnt call Tirana a small city if it had a population of 1 million people
Rinas airport is far from the city itself , like 20 minutes is located in a village of Rinas in Tirana district
Getting there is the fun part , that area when you enter close to the village is surronded by trees from both sides , it has remarkable scenery

I didn't think that Tirana had 1 million people! From most of the sources that I visit on the population of the country, I usually see about 400.000 - 600.000. :)

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tirana as a district has 1 million people
The city itself has easily at least 750.000 people and this is not including tourists and foreigners who live in the city
Although statistical websites will not show you this they also did not show you the pictures you have already seen from the city here in Skyscrapercity forums.
I am not exagerating , ask other albanian members in here and they will tell you the same thing
Tirana at one time had 4 proffessional soccer teams who played in the main league

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
My friend, I am not accusing you of being biased at all. :) I was just mistaken from most sources of information telling me that population was about 500.000 :) Sorry for that mistake. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
How many passengers came to Tirane airport in 2004 (or which ever year is suitiable to find)?

·
Banned
578 Posts
Football Rules where do you get your sources from? Tirana the actual city, not counting the villages near it, has no more than 350thousand people.. i hate it when people exagurate numbers.

·
Banned
578 Posts
Quote Football Rules: The statistics about the city being 250.000 date back in year 1990 but that was 15 years ago. http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=173941&page=4

Footbal Rules i read the above statement which you noted on the link above. Let me ask you somthing, if Tirana had 250thousand people 15 years ago, and now it has as you put it "easily atleast 750thousand" than the population of Tirana rose by 3 times in 15years??? thats a big falesy.. its impossible and you know it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There are around 500.000 that pass through the Tirana airport each year, the number have been growing and by 2009, they belive the number will be at 1.5 to 2 million.
Albania has three airlines, Albanian Airlines created in 1995 and are right now the biggest company. AdA AiR created in 1992, but much smaller than Albanian Airlines, and the newest one, Albatros Airlines which was created this year and operates with an airplane rented from the Montenegrin national carrier.
The airport is horrible and extremely small with only three gates. You have to use buses to get to the planes. However, i think this is completely understandable since a civilian airport was not needed in Albania during communist rule since we were isolated from both the capitalists and the communists. Airport Partners, has taken now contol (they are one of theb biggest airport companies owing Athens Airport, part of Sydney Airport and some others) and they just fired 300 workers. Lockheed Martin is responsible for the security.
The city itself, officially, has about 520.000 however, there are differences depending by which areas you count in. There are suburbs which have been created by new-coming people, and there are also something resembling close to satellite cities. I have read that officially the number is 520.000 with about 350.000 living in the original borders of the city, which have been extended for quite some time now. 750.000, too however, i do not think it would be necessary a overestimated number again because it depends by how you count it. Athens according the the world-gazetter has a population of 600.000 however, in Greece and outside it is assumed that Athens is about 4.000.000, since there isn't anymore any distinction between differents cities in the Attiki areas such as Pireas, Faliro, or Kifisia.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GreatMakedon , i gave you a very solid link where it clearly states Tirana as being 750.000 people
Tirana in 2000 was believed to be around 650.000 people but the city has grown so much especcially the last 5 years when Edi Rama has been in charge
These are not false figures i am giving you and there is no need for it
Tirana makes up almost 25% of the population in the country , many northerners have moved down there during the 90's
Albania as of 2005 has a population of approximately 3.8 million people and if Tirana is 750.000 , it is close to 25% or 1/4 of the country's population
Believe what you want , i really dont care.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
GreatMakedon said:
Football Rules where do you get your sources from? Tirana the actual city, not counting the villages near it, has no more than 350thousand people.. i hate it when people exagurate numbers.

I'm not exactly happy how you come into these random threads, and just spread false information. If you've ever looked at a REAL map of Tirana, you'd notice that it's too large of a city to only hold 350.000 as you said. From the sources of information that I personally looked at, it told me that Tirana has about 500.000 people in the city.
When you add the rest of the area, I don't find it hard to believe that Tirana has such a big population. Considering that I can certainly imagine there are many more residential projects in the city of Tirana, than offices, that would be due to the population increase.

thebackdoorman - Thank you for that information on the Rinas Airport, and I hope that you can spread more of your knowledge on Albania, as Football Rules has done in the past month. :)

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
GreatMakedon said:
Quote Football Rules: The statistics about the city being 250.000 date back in year 1990 but that was 15 years ago. http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=173941&page=4

Footbal Rules i read the above statement which you noted on the link above. Let me ask you somthing, if Tirana had 250thousand people 15 years ago, and now it has as you put it "easily atleast 750thousand" than the population of Tirana rose by 3 times in 15years??? thats a big falesy.. its impossible and you know it.
Tirana in 1990 had indeed 250k, but there was a big change after that. the comunism collapses and peoples were free to move. From 1992 - 1997, the biggest movemement was from the North, helped also by the fact that the rulers of the country back then, came mostly from that aerea.

After 1997, the biggest movement was from the South.

Peoples moves to Tirana, becouse of economic reasons. Tirana is the only place in Albania where really something happens (apart Vlora and Saranda in the south) so people moves there for better oportunities.

The increase is not related to the population livng there before 1990.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.